Date Dialog

howard.thomson

May 1, 2021, 2:33:28 PM5/1/21
to Eiffel Users
Hi,
Has anyone developed a  descendant of EV_DIALOG for selecting a date ?
Regards,
Howard

r...@amalasoft.com

May 1, 2021, 3:54:44 PM5/1/21
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Howard

I had to clean off some cobwebs and guano; it had been in the cave for several years, but yes, I have one.
It relies on some other classes of mine though.  You're welcome to any and all, if interested.
Here's a screenshot.

ss_cal_dialog.png

Larry Rix

May 8, 2021, 9:52:30 AM5/8/21
to Eiffel Users
Or this ...
jinny_vision.zip
month_calendar_dialog.PNG

Larry Rix

May 8, 2021, 9:54:16 AM5/8/21
to Eiffel Users
I brought this code up to being Complete Void Safe as well as stand-alone (no dependencies other than Eiffel libraries). I also made this SCOOP capable in the project ECF. I wrote the test to show how to get the calendar into the dialog. The test is not perfect (as in — it will not shut down the app, but it demos what it needs to).

Larry Rix

May 8, 2021, 9:55:21 AM5/8/21
to Eiffel Users
There are a few other gems in this small library as well.

howard.thomson

May 10, 2021, 2:15:51 PM5/10/21
to Eiffel Users
Thanks Larry, I have downloaded and will have a closer look.
Howard