Best wishes from Eiffel Software

Bertrand Meyer

Mar 17, 2020, 9:37:51 AM3/17/20
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com, me...@inf.ethz.ch

Dear Eiffel users,

In the current circumstances, hard for everyone, we at Eiffel Software would like to extend our best wishes to all of you.

In addition to having personally met a number of members of this group, some of whom have been our friends for a very long time, we know that beyond being a mailing list for users of a particular technology it is a warm human group united by common ideals of simplicity, quality and elegance, and by many friendly ties.

While some individual situations are difficult, Eiffel Software’s operation is not fundamentally disrupted by the restrictions on personal contact, since we have for many years relied on a largely distributed mode of operation, with well-honed practices of effective electronic meetings and collaborative development across time zones. We will try to make the best out of dire circumstances by using the freed travel time and removed distractions to bring you and ever better Eiffel and EiffelStudio experience, work ever more effectively with the community, and continue to attract new members to it.

Please take good care of yourselves and accept from all of us our very best wishes.

-- Bertrand Meyer

Larry Rix

Mar 17, 2020, 9:59:17 AM3/17/20
to Eiffel Users, me...@inf.ethz.ch
Well said!

r...@amalasoft.com

Mar 17, 2020, 10:20:35 AM3/17/20
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Bertrand, for the sentiments and the reassuring tone, and for your decades of loyal service to the world at large by pushing us to think first of the consumers of what we produce; to think of those affected by our actions, our protocols, our self-discipline (or lack thereof).

Jonathan Ostroff

Mar 17, 2020, 11:02:08 AM3/17/20
to 'Alexander Kogtenkov' via Eiffel Users, me...@inf.ethz.ch
I would just like to endorse Roger’s sentiments — and join him in thanking Bertand and the whole eiffel.com team for producing a wonderful product, and providing us with endless (and perhaps thankless) help and support in this forum.

Please stay safe and well.

Regards

Jonathan Ostroff