Is this something that we could aim for with Eiffel compilers?

anders

Jul 15, 2017, 3:40:47 AM7/15/17
to Eiffel Users
Hi,

As I recall we have had discussions about compiling Eiffel to Javascipt but this might be an alternative that would be more interesting.

http://webassembly.org/

Has anyone investigate Webassembly?

Regards

Anders

Alexander Kogtenkov

Jul 17, 2017, 5:43:58 AM7/17/17
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this technology is on the radar, and seems to be a good alternative to JavaScript. However, at the moment it is unclear if any users are going to use an Eiffel binding if it is available.

Alexander Kogtenkov

Anders Persson

Jul 17, 2017, 7:04:33 AM7/17/17
to Eiffel Users
I was more thinking of compiling Eiffel code to Webassembly code from Eiffels generated C-code. They already have a compiler from C to Webassembly as I understand it.

Alexander Kogtenkov

Jul 17, 2017, 7:29:01 AM7/17/17
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, but still the run-time needs to be adapted to the WebAssembly platform.

Alexander Kogtenkov