McAfee reporting threat on estudio.exe (32bits)

Jocelyn Fiat

Jul 12, 2019, 9:46:34 AM7/12/19
to Eiffel Users
Hi Eiffel users,

If you are using EiffelStudio 19.05 windows version (i.e the 32bit version), and if you are using McAfee solution, this one may report a threat GenericRXER-DY!A28BF822EC15 about estudio.exe and put it under quarantine (i.e delete it).

We think this is a false detection, i addition only the 32bit version triggers this detection while the 64bit version of estudio.exe is accepted without trouble.

We sent a message to McAfee to get more information, and we are still waiting for answer.
In the meantime, if you trust "estudio.exe", you can exclude the related folder from the scope of the antivirus.
Or you can use directly "ec.exe -gui"  to open the EiffelStudio IDE.

We will keep you informed about any update related this issue.
Regards
-- Jocelyn