Re: EiffelStudio unable to restore right-click menu in the Groups tab

Message has been deleted

Gachoud Philippe

Jun 3, 2020, 7:23:46 PM6/3/20
to Eiffel Users
Not sure it answers the question, but does ctl+t do?

create a new tab... as far as I understand either you get a right click on all interface (all panes) either you got click and drop (which comes with right click)

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:13:34 PM UTC-4, howard.thomson wrote:
Hi,

I have managed to enable the pebble drag functionality in the Groups pane of EiffelStudio, one of the options from right-clicking
in the pane. Now, I am unable to restore the right-click menu that I had before, which I most commonly use to open a new
tab for a class that I want to edit.

I have reviewed Tools/Preferences [which nearly all seem to be Deafult settings], done a 'Reset Tools Layout', a 'Restore Editors',
and am currently at a loss.

Help !

Howard

Gachoud Philippe

Jun 3, 2020, 7:26:23 PM6/3/20
to Eiffel Users
I tend to use either
  • drop the class i want to edit into the editor
  • ctrl+t for new tab opening and then the above or write the class name into the class input_box
  • or F6 to go into the class name input_box and then set the class I want to edit
Workarounds to your base question I know... but the only I can do helping you
Message has been deleted

Jocelyn Fiat

Jun 4, 2020, 4:20:45 AM6/4/20
to Eiffel Users
For the Right-Click behavior, you can use Shift+[Right-Click]  to have the P&D or Contextual menu ... according to your preferences.
So if you choose to use P&D for default action on Right-Click, use Shift+RightClick to get the menu.
Then from the menu, you can change the default behavior as well.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 1:26 AM howard.thomson <howard....@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
Hi,

Tools/Preferences 'Restore Defaults' gets back the menu that I need, but I can see no other way to do so ...

Howard

On Thursday, 4 June 2020 00:13:34 UTC+1, howard.thomson wrote:
Hi,

I have managed to enable the pebble drag functionality in the Groups pane of EiffelStudio, one of the options from right-clicking
in the pane. Now, I am unable to restore the right-click menu that I had before, which I most commonly use to open a new
tab for a class that I want to edit.

I have reviewed Tools/Preferences [which nearly all seem to be Deafult settings], done a 'Reset Tools Layout', a 'Restore Editors',
and am currently at a loss.

Help !

Howard

Jocelyn