EiffelCOM examples: where do I find compound files?

Rosivaldo Fernandes Alves

Sep 9, 2020, 3:44:35 PM9/9/20
to Eiffel Users
I have built the example system
$(ISE_EIFFEL)\examples\com\compound\compound.ECF. So far so good. But
that system asks to open compound files. I simply don't know where to
find such a kind of file to open. I've looked up for .cdf files and have
found a lot of .cdf-ms files, but the system cannot open any of them. I
always get a message reading

---------------------------
Read error
---------------------------
Sorry, not a compound file.
---------------------------

Does some one know where can I find "compound" that can be open by
compound.exe?

Thanks in advance.

Rosivaldo.

signature.asc

Alexander Kogtenkov

Sep 10, 2020, 2:37:20 AM9/10/20
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Compound files are those created by Microsoft Word (and family). So, if can find a .doc file, the example would show its internal structure. Note that this applies to an old .doc format, not the newer one, based on XML.

Alexander Kogtenkov

Rosivaldo Fernandes Alves

Sep 10, 2020, 2:38:12 PM9/10/20
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Alexander. Indeed .doc files get open as "compound" files.

Best regards,

Rosivaldo.

Em 10/09/2020 03:37, 'Alexander Kogtenkov' via Eiffel Users escreveu:
> Compound files are those created by Microsoft Word (and family). So, if
> can find a .doc file, the example would show its internal structure.
> Note that this applies to an old .doc format, not the newer one, based
> on XML.
>
> Alexander Kogtenkov
>
>(...)

signature.asc