Editing Eiffel code on your Android tablet

Finnian Reilly

Oct 7, 2017, 3:58:55 PM10/7/17
to Eiffel Users

I love my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. It's light enough that I never notice it in my back pack and has everything I need for being out and about. For this reason I have no desire to own a laptop. If I am on holiday I bring a small bluetooth keyboard with me and then it functions as a laptop.

However occasionally when I am immersed in an Eiffel project, I would like to have a decent text editor so I can read or write a bit of Eiffel code on the go. But all of the Android text editors I have tried over the past number of years, have either zero or very poor syntax highlighting support for Eiffel. That was until today, when I stumbled across the 920 Text Editor. The default theme seemed to support all the latest keywords, although the class names were not highlighted. But then I tried one of the dark themes (Ambiance Dark), and lo and behold, even the class names were highlighted. I can't comment yet on how good it is as an editor, but it looks promising. I will let my readers know how it is.