Docking no longer works properly (Windows 10)?

Thomas Beale

Feb 21, 2019, 12:13:56 PM2/21/19
to Eiffel Users
I have found that both my own application and Eiffel Studio docking functions no longer work properly, for example, dragging a tab to put it side-by-side (via the 'cross' control that appears) no longer works. The cross appears, but dropping the cursor from drag-and-drop from the tab no longer works.

Whatever code is in the library, compiled against some fairly recent update to Windows, no longer works properly.

I am using a Dell XPS 15, Windows 10 with latest automatic updates, and the ES 18.x
I have not tested on a Linux machine, but would guess this is a Windows-only thing.

Anyone else seen this problem?

- thomas

Bertrand Meyer

Feb 22, 2019, 10:47:49 AM2/22/19
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com, me...@inf.ethz.ch

Dear Thomas,

I asked around and it seems to work for us including with the latest updates...

Any way to document the problem further or enable us to reproduce it?

Thanks,

-- BM

Jocelyn Fiat

Feb 22, 2019, 2:15:13 PM2/22/19
to Eiffel Users, me...@inf.ethz.ch
First it would help to know your exact Windows version.
On my side I can see the latest Feature update I got is Windows 10, version 1809 .
I don't think there is an official newer version.
I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64bits.

About your own applications, do you have issue only with recently compiled one?
Did you tried with an application compiled for instance with 17.05 ?
Do you see same issue with EiffelStudio 17.05?

-- Jocelyn

--
Jocelyn
Eiffel Software

Thomas Beale

Feb 22, 2019, 2:40:37 PM2/22/19
to Eiffel Users
Hi Jocelyn, Bertrand,

I have Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS build 17134.590, 64 bit.

The problem is the same with Eiffel Studio (18.07.10.1981) and with my own application built using ES. I am not running 17.05 anymore, although I guess I could try to rebuild the application and see if it changes anything. But it is odd that some docking functions malfunction in the same way in both ES and my tool.

I'll try some more diagnosis - I was mainly asking here in case anyone else had already seen this.

thanks

- thomas