PrismJS syntax highlighting for class-names

Finnian Reilly

Apr 7, 2018, 8:47:19 AM4/7/18
to Eiffel Users
Hello all
if you would like to see class-names highlighted with blue in PrismJS, please "thumbs up" the suggestion I made on github.

https://github.com/PrismJS/prism/issues/1379#event-1562099180

Many thanks for the fix.
BTW, I would like to offer a suggestion. The most popular Eiffel IDE (EiffelStudio) highlights Eiffel class names with the color blue. Screenshot If PrismJS could do the same it would be fantastic. This should be relatively easy to achieve as any identifier consisting of all upper case letters can be assumed to be a class name. This is a universal naming convention in the Eiffel community.

Finnian

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Finnian Reilly

Apr 8, 2018, 6:16:16 AM4/8/18
to Eiffel Users
PrismJS now highlights class names

Many thanks to PrismJS developer Golmote. Not only he fixed a bug rendering

item alias "[]", at alias "@" (i: INTEGER): CHARACTER_32 assign put

but he also kindly added highlighting for class names. I think it is now safe to say that PrismJS is now the go-to choice for Eiffel syntax highlight in HTML. Check out the results on Eiffel-Loop:
http://www.eiffel-loop.com/library/base/text/string/zstring/el_zstring.html

You can download the latest js and css file for Eiffel here: prism.js and prism.css