Compiler hanging at degree 3

jjj

Nov 17, 2019, 1:51:22 PM11/17/19
to Eiffel Users
After making changes to a couple of files the compiler now pauses for a long time at degree 3 for 3 or 4 minutes, when before it only took a few seconds.

The main change which might be relevant is I added about 100 features defined like:
     f: MY_CLASS attribute create Result.make end

Could that be the cause?

jjj

Larry Rix

Nov 17, 2019, 6:02:21 PM11/17/19
to Eiffel Users
I don't think so, but I would start with a clean compile.

jjj

Nov 17, 2019, 6:05:45 PM11/17/19
to Eiffel Users
Tried that.  Checked "clean" from opening dialog.  This that enough to clean it all?

Larry Rix

Nov 18, 2019, 7:50:46 AM11/18/19
to Eiffel Users
Only other choice is to delete the EIFGENs folder, which will force a clean compile.