stuck on process

r...@amalasoft.com

Apr 8, 2019, 12:24:10 PM4/8/19
to Eiffel Users Group
Hi All
Perhaps the solution is obvious and I've just gone stupid, but it strikes me that this can't happen.
I'm trying to access the process_factory function.  Even after nuking EIFGENs, compiling from scratch, standing on one leg, and making noises like a chicken, the process classes seem to elude me.
That would be a 'duh' moment, if it weren't for having verified that they (process and base_process) are included in my ecf file AND they appear to be found by the compiler, though not compiled, as evidenced by the attached screen shot.
Hints?
eif_proc_confusion.png

Alexander Kogtenkov

Apr 8, 2019, 12:42:10 PM4/8/19
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
You need to include "base_process" library in your project. At the moment it is included in the system, because some library (called "process") uses it. But classes of a library become accessible to the project classes only when the library is listed directly.

Hope this helps,
Alexander Kogtenkov

r...@amalasoft.com

Apr 8, 2019, 3:05:07 PM4/8/19
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
That makes sense, but what I am seeing does not.
The base_process library is included - as evidenced by it showing up in the libraries section of the screen shot I attached.  Here are the entries from the .ecf file.

<library name="base_process" location="$ISE_LIBRARY/library/process/base/base_process-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="process" location="$ISE_LIBRARY/library/process/process-safe.ecf"/>

That sure looks like base_process is in there.

Alexander Kogtenkov

Apr 9, 2019, 2:02:23 AM4/9/19
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, this looks really strange. Could you send the ECF by a direct email or by submitting a bug report at support.eiffel.com?

Thank you,
Alexander Kogtenkov

Понедельник, 8 апреля 2019, 22:05 +03:00 от r...@amalasoft.com:

r...@amalasoft.com

Apr 9, 2019, 10:44:49 AM4/9/19
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Mea Culpa.  I might need to adjust my prescription (whether that's eyeglasses or something else, I leave to your imagination)
Suffice to say they'll be revoking my keyboarding license after this one.
Sorry for the confusion