Error compiling ES C runtime

Bernd Schoeller

Sep 20, 2018, 7:08:47 PM9/20/18
to Eiffel Users
Hi,

I am trying to compile EiffelStudio, and I have issues getting the C
runtime to compile.

I assume I have correctly setup ISE_EIFFEL, ISE_LIBRARY and EIFFEL_SRC.
I get the following error with quick_configure:

Making all in idrs...
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/schoelle/Code/EiffelStudio/Src/C/idrs'
make[2]: warning: -j8 forced in submake: resetting jobserver mode.
gcc -c -I.. -I../run-time -O3  -pipe -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -m64  idrs.c
gcc -c  idrs.c -o MTidrs.o
idrs.c:41:10: fatal error: eif_config.h: No such file or directory
 #include "eif_config.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:62: MTidrs.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/schoelle/Code/EiffelStudio/Src/C/idrs'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:118: subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/schoelle/Code/EiffelStudio/Src/C'
make: *** [Makefile:196: all] Error 2
quick_configure terminated.

It is strange that the first call of gcc seems to have the correct
flags, while the second one is missing all flags. Any help welcome.

Thanks,
Bernd

kwa...@mail.ru

Sep 20, 2018, 11:39:42 PM9/20/18
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
According to

you also need to set ISE_PLATFORM.

Regards,
Alexander Kogtenkov

Emmanuel Stapf

Sep 20, 2018, 11:47:57 PM9/20/18
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com

And make sure to follow the checkout instructions:

https://dev.eiffel.com/Subversion_Settings

The most critical one being "use-commit-times"="yes".

Manu

Bernd Schoeller

Sep 21, 2018, 6:27:23 PM9/21/18
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Manu - that fixed it for me.

Looks a bit fragile if it has to rely on the timestamps being right. Isn't there a way to fix this?

Bernd

Emmanuel Stapf

Sep 24, 2018, 3:07:33 AM9/24/18
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com

Indeed. The reason is if you do not have the timestamp right you are required to have a special set of tools that are not easily installable on user machines to create the Makefile.SH files on Unix platforms.

Manu