[Ehcache 2.10.0 + Terracotta 4.3.0] - UnsupportedOperationException: Inserts out of order

pankaj.b...@games24x7.com

Oct 19, 2015, 10:20:35 AM10/19/15
to ehcache-users
  1. What version of Ehcache you are currently using; Ehcache 2.10.0
  2. Add any name and version of other library or framework you use Ehcache with (e.g. Hibernate); Terracotta 4.3.0
  3. Providing JDK and OS versions maybe useful as well. JDK - 1.6.0_39, OS - Red Hat Entreprise Linux 6.5
I am using Ehcache 2.10.0 in combination with Terracotta 4.3.0. I have Terracotta cluster with a single server instance which manages about 18 Ehcache client nodes. Sometimes (It doesn't happen always and I can't seem to figure out any particular condition in which it might happen) when a client attempts to establish a connection to the Terracotta server, I get the following exception in Terracotta indicating the range inserts in the object id set are out of order :

2015-09-17 09:44:11,174 [WorkerThread(hydrate_message_stage, 13, 13)] ERROR com.tc.net.protocol.tcm.HydrateHandler - Errorhydrating message of type REQUEST_MANAGED_OBJECT_MESSAGE (12)
java
.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Inserts out of order
at com
.tc.util.BasicObjectIDSet.doRangeInsert(BasicObjectIDSet.java:62)
at com
.tc.util.BasicObjectIDSet.insertRange(BasicObjectIDSet.java:47)
at com
.tc.util.ObjectIDSet.deserializeFrom(ObjectIDSet.java:99)
at com
.tc.net.protocol.tcm.TCMessageImpl.getObject(TCMessageImpl.java:248)
at com
.tc.object.msg.RequestManagedObjectMessageImpl.hydrateValue(RequestManagedObjectMessageImpl.java:61)
at com
.tc.net.protocol.tcm.TCMessageImpl.hydrate(TCMessageImpl.java:166)
at com
.tc.net.protocol.tcm.HydrateHandler.handleEvent(HydrateHandler.java:33)
at com
.tc.async.impl.StageImpl$WorkerThread.run(StageImpl.java:188)

Sometimes, the error occurs with the new Ehcache client which is trying to connect. At other times, it occurs with one of the existing clients. In both cases, it causes Terracotta to close the connection with the corresponding client.

I tried to search online regarding this error but could not find anything useful. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

I have posted this issue on Terracotta OSS group as well, but there is no reply from their side (Link - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/terracotta-oss/tc-server-4x/kzM6hBsB8_Y)