Budget axe could cut deeper and hit sooner, Tories warn

John Fleming

Jan 26, 2012, 8:06:55 PM1/26/12

Budget axe could cut deeper and hit sooner, Tories warn

bill curry
OTTAWA— Globe and Mail Update
Published Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 1:08PM EST
Last updated Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 2:40PM EST

The Conservative government is confirming what it’s been hinting at
for weeks: Spending cuts in the upcoming federal budget could be twice
as deep as Ottawa’s original target.

Rather than aiming for a 5 per cent cut overall and permanent savings
of $4-billion a year – as outlined in the 2011 budget – the government
is now clearly describing the 5 per cent cut as the low end of a
targeted range.

[snip]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/budget-axe-could-cut-deeper-and-hit-sooner-tories-warn/article2315934/

One thing I will say is this. I'm glad I don't work for the federal
government.

The provincial government went through some pretty deep cuts back in
the early 1990s, and a lot of government employees, who thought they
had a job for life, found themselves pounding the pavement, IIRC.
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O
And on that farm he had a genome E-I-E-I-O
With a SNP SNP here and a SNP SNP there,
Here a SNP, there a SNP, everywhere a SNP SNP
Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O

Roy

Jan 26, 2012, 9:51:09 PM1/26/12
On Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:06:55 PM UTC-7, John Fleming wrote:
> Budget axe could cut deeper and hit sooner, Tories warn
>
> bill curry
> OTTAWA— Globe and Mail Update
> Published Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 1:08PM EST
> Last updated Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 2:40PM EST
>
> The Conservative government is confirming what it’s been hinting at
> for weeks: Spending cuts in the upcoming federal budget could be twice
> as deep as Ottawa’s original target.
>
> Rather than aiming for a 5 per cent cut overall and permanent savings
> of $4-billion a year – as outlined in the 2011 budget – the government
> is now clearly describing the 5 per cent cut as the low end of a
> targeted range.
>
> [snip]
>
> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/budget-axe-could-cut-deeper-and-hit-sooner-tories-warn/article2315934/
>
> One thing I will say is this. I'm glad I don't work for the federal
> government.
>
> The provincial government went through some pretty deep cuts back in
> the early 1990s, and a lot of government employees, who thought they
> had a job for life, found themselves pounding the pavement, IIRC.
> --
>

> John Fleming
> Edmonton, Canada

Harper et al, couldn't manage a hotdog stand. Economist???...Harper hasn't a clue. Drop people services and buy more planes and ships is all he knows. The money totally wasted in Afghanistan could have gone for Canadian services and causes. Now we have to make up for it by reducing health supports and putting up with crappy First Nations housing and various other people services.

The Doctor

Jan 26, 2012, 11:09:24 PM1/26/12
In article <12006662.1436.1327632669365.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@prdh15>,
Roy <edm.g...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:06:55 PM UTC-7, John Fleming wrote:
>> Budget axe could cut deeper and hit sooner, Tories warn
>>=20
>> bill curry=20
>> OTTAWA=97 Globe and Mail Update=20
>> Published Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 1:08PM EST
>> Last updated Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 2:40PM EST
>>=20
>> The Conservative government is confirming what it=92s been hinting at
>> for weeks: Spending cuts in the upcoming federal budget could be twice
>> as deep as Ottawa=92s original target.=20
>>=20
>> Rather than aiming for a 5 per cent cut overall and permanent savings
>> of $4-billion a year =96 as outlined in the 2011 budget =96 the governmen=
>> is now clearly describing the 5 per cent cut as the low end of a
>> targeted range.
>>=20
>> [snip]
>>=20
>> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/budget-axe-could-cut-deeper-=
>and-hit-sooner-tories-warn/article2315934/
>>=20
>> One thing I will say is this. I'm glad I don't work for the federal
>> government.
>>=20
>> The provincial government went through some pretty deep cuts back in
>> the early 1990s, and a lot of government employees, who thought they
>> had a job for life, found themselves pounding the pavement, IIRC.
>> --=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> John Fleming=20
>> Edmonton, Canada=20
>>=20
>Harper et al, couldn't manage a hotdog stand. Economist???...Harper hasn't =
>a clue. Drop people services and buy more planes and ships is all he knows.=
> The money totally wasted in Afghanistan could have gone for Canadian servi=
>ces and causes. Now we have to make up for it by reducing health supports a=
>nd putting up with crappy First Nations housing and various other people se=
>rvices.
>
>=20

10/10 Roy!!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

John Fleming

Jan 27, 2012, 12:19:24 AM1/27/12
[Default] On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:51:09 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
desk in the scriptorium Roy <wil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> $On Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:06:55 PM UTC-7, John Fleming wrote:
> $> Budget axe could cut deeper and hit sooner, Tories warn
> $>
> $> bill curry
> $> OTTAWA— Globe and Mail Update
> $> Published Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 1:08PM EST
> $> Last updated Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 2:40PM EST
> $>
> $> The Conservative government is confirming what it’s been hinting at
> $> for weeks: Spending cuts in the upcoming federal budget could be twice
> $> as deep as Ottawa’s original target.
> $>
> $> Rather than aiming for a 5 per cent cut overall and permanent savings
> $> of $4-billion a year – as outlined in the 2011 budget – the government
> $> is now clearly describing the 5 per cent cut as the low end of a
> $> targeted range.
> $>
> $> [snip]
> $>
> $> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/budget-axe-could-cut-deeper-and-hit-sooner-tories-warn/article2315934/
> $>
> $> One thing I will say is this. I'm glad I don't work for the federal
> $> government.
> $>
> $> The provincial government went through some pretty deep cuts back in
> $> the early 1990s, and a lot of government employees, who thought they
> $> had a job for life, found themselves pounding the pavement, IIRC.
> $> --
> $>
> $>
> $> John Fleming
> $> Edmonton, Canada
> $>
> $Harper et al, couldn't manage a hotdog stand. Economist???...Harper hasn't a clue. Drop people services and buy more planes and ships is all he knows. The money totally wasted in Afghanistan could have gone for Canadian services and causes. Now we have to make up for it by reducing health supports and putting up with crappy First Nations housing and various other people services.

Please don't forget, it was the Liberals who got us *into* Afghanistan
in the first place. And let's not forget, governments of various
stripes in the country have sent Canadian service personnel into many
different conflicts--Rwanda, Bosnia, Korea, two world wars, Cyprus,
the Middle East, and the first Persian Gulf War to name a few.

As to buying planes and ships (and other equipment) for the military,
if we are going to ask our service people to risk their lives in
theatres of combat operations, then we should be giving them the best
equipment we can afford. Ditto for other roles the military fil, like
conducting search and rescue missions and providing aid to civil
powers (like they did during the Quebec ice storms).
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

Sharx3335

Jan 27, 2012, 2:42:55 AM1/27/12

"Roy" <wil...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:06:55 PM UTC-7, John Fleming
> wrote:
>> Budget axe could cut deeper and hit sooner, Tories warn
>>
>> bill curry
>> OTTAWA- Globe and Mail Update
>> Published Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 1:08PM EST
>> Last updated Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 2:40PM EST
>>
>> The Conservative government is confirming what it's been hinting
>> at
>> for weeks: Spending cuts in the upcoming federal budget could be
>> twice
>> as deep as Ottawa's original target.
>>
>> Rather than aiming for a 5 per cent cut overall and permanent
>> savings
>> of $4-billion a year - as outlined in the 2011 budget - the
>> government
>> is now clearly describing the 5 per cent cut as the low end of a
>> targeted range.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/budget-axe-could-cut-deeper-and-hit-sooner-tories-warn/article2315934/
>>
>> One thing I will say is this. I'm glad I don't work for the
>> federal
>> government.
>>
>> The provincial government went through some pretty deep cuts
>> back in
>> the early 1990s, and a lot of government employees, who thought
>> they
>> had a job for life, found themselves pounding the pavement,
>> IIRC.
>> --
>>

>> John Fleming
>> Edmonton, Canada
>>
> Harper et al, couldn't manage a hotdog stand.
> Economist???...Harper hasn't a clue. Drop people services and buy
> more planes and ships is all he knows. The money totally wasted
> in Afghanistan could have gone for Canadian services and causes.
> Now we have to make up for it by reducing health supports and
> putting up with crappy First Nations housing and various other
> people services.

YOUR parents could have saved a LOT of wasted money had they used
adequate contraceptives. Sadly, for the world, and for us, they
failed. Assholes like you carp and kvetch while visionaries like
Harper, Margaret Thatcher, and the late Ronald Reagan, take and/or
took firm, decisive action--no matter how unpopular it was at the
time. Wimpy, limp-wristed, leftie pansy poof ASSHOLES, like you,
would have supported dildoes such as former British PM's Stanley
Baldwin and Neville Chamberlain.

Roy

Jan 27, 2012, 2:15:37 PM1/27/12
==
Fuck you and your pseudo-heroes Harper, Thatcher and Reagan...right-wing assholes protecting their right-wing corporate friends and their wealth. You are a dildo and a fucking bully as well.

Sharx3335

Jan 27, 2012, 7:25:36 PM1/27/12

"Roy" <wil...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
SUCK dick, you faggot cocksucking fudge packer LIEbrawl!!

snowman

Jan 27, 2012, 7:33:05 PM1/27/12
Sharx might be a bit of a loudmouth, but he is right. We face some
serious issues with our aging population, it is a problem that we will
have to face eventually; we can't keep sweeping it under the rug. Yet
the NDP and Liberals only solution is to either tax the rich or blame it
on the Americans. The NDP and Libs simply are not qualified to open a
can of beans, much less govern a country that faces the issues that
Canada is up against.

I for one do not have any kind of government pension, I will be
responsible for my own retirement, which now doesn't seem like such a
bad thing. I won't be held hostage to any government's pension reforms,
or some company that doesn't survive like Nortel. Perhaps the left wing
loons should also try doing a bit more planning and thinking for
themselves rather live with the idea that the Government should provide
everything.

"It's the customer's privilege to burst their own f*cking yolk."

-Gordon Ramsey

John Fleming

Jan 27, 2012, 9:14:05 PM1/27/12
[Default] On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:33:05 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium snowman <x@x.x> wrote:
> $On 27/01/2012 12:15 PM, Roy wrote:
> $> On Friday, January 27, 2012 12:42:55 AM UTC-7, Sharx3335 wrote:
> $>> "Roy"<wil...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> $>> news:12006662.1436.1327632669365.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@prdh15...

> $>> YOUR parents could have saved a LOT of wasted money had they used
> $>> adequate contraceptives. Sadly, for the world, and for us, they
> $>> failed. Assholes like you carp and kvetch while visionaries like
> $>> Harper, Margaret Thatcher, and the late Ronald Reagan, take and/or
> $>> took firm, decisive action--no matter how unpopular it was at the
> $>> time. Wimpy, limp-wristed, leftie pansy poof ASSHOLES, like you,
> $>> would have supported dildoes such as former British PM's Stanley
> $>> Baldwin and Neville Chamberlain.
> $>
> $> Fuck you and your pseudo-heroes Harper, Thatcher and Reagan...right-wing assholes protecting their right-wing corporate friends and their wealth. You are a dildo and a fucking bully as well.
> $
> $Sharx might be a bit of a loudmouth, but he is right. We face some
> $serious issues with our aging population, it is a problem that we will
> $have to face eventually; we can't keep sweeping it under the rug. Yet
> $the NDP and Liberals only solution is to either tax the rich or blame it
> $on the Americans. The NDP and Libs simply are not qualified to open a
> $can of beans, much less govern a country that faces the issues that
> $Canada is up against.

I keep hearing these ads on the radio about how, if Alberta is so
wealthy, we can't spend more on education and other services.

I got a copy of the "Canada Yearbook 2011" in the mail the other day,
and it's got some interesting tables.

Of the ten OECD countries with the greatest percentage of the
population age 25 to 64 who has completed a university or college
education, Canada ranks number one at 48%. That's just shy of one out
of every two Canadians in that age range.

By the way, the number two spot is shared by Japan and New Zealand,
which both have 41% of their populations in that age range completing
university or college.

By the way, in 2008/2009, the latest year for which the yearbook has
data, Alberta spent $12,765 per student in public elementary and
secondry school. That's more than any other province in this country.
The only three jurisdictions spending more per student than Alberta
were Yukon, Northwest Territorries, and Nunuvut, probably having
something to do with the high cost of northern living and the need to
pay educators and other staff more to go teach up there.

> $I for one do not have any kind of government pension, I will be
> $responsible for my own retirement, which now doesn't seem like such a
> $bad thing. I won't be held hostage to any government's pension reforms,
> $or some company that doesn't survive like Nortel. Perhaps the left wing
> $loons should also try doing a bit more planning and thinking for
> $themselves rather live with the idea that the Government should provide
> $everything.

I won't be in quite so good a position, but I'd like to be in a
position where CPP is icing on the cake.

Interestingly enough, there was an article in the Globe and Mail the
other day about how the generation in Canada that is running up the
most debt today is the Baby Boomers. These are the people who should
be saving for retirement, not spending their way into the poorhouse.
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

PV

Jan 27, 2012, 11:33:51 PM1/27/12
Geex Sharx, take a pill. Life is too short to hang onto your tunnel vision
of politics

--
PV

"This sig left intentionally blank"

Sharx3335

Jan 28, 2012, 1:38:19 AM1/28/12

"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
Ever notice how it is ALWAYS the OTHER person who has the so-called
"tunnel vision of politics". In other words, Fucking POT. Fucking
Kettle. Fucking Black.

Sharx3335

Jan 28, 2012, 1:46:46 AM1/28/12

"John Fleming" <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote in message
John, I find it absolutely incredible how so many middle-aged
people are treating their home equity as an ATM. I can't see them
EVER retiring as they are spending BOTH their incomes and then
some, to maintain the juggernaut in maintaining a life style or
moving to a larger and larger house, a fancier car, more or longer
vacations, etc.. They get more and more extra, part-time jobs,
e.g. get involved in pyramid scams. Doesn't ANYONE, other than
myself, realize that the CLUE, the SOLUTION, is to REDUCE
spending...to try ZERO-BASE budgeting. In other words, to subject
EACH AND EVERY expenditure/proposed expenditure to careful
scrutiny. E.g. do we REALLY need this? would there REALLY be any
serious repercussions if we stopped buying bottled water or buying
carbon frame bikes or expensive cell phone plans for EVERY fucking
member of the family? Ditto for PAYING for any form of video,
including cable TV or satellite, when there are lots of FREE,
off-air channels, plus thousands and thousands of DVD's in the
Edmonton Public Library. Only $12 fucking dollars a year for
membership!! But, hey, WTF do *I* know? I remind people that MY
financial techniques enabled me to retire from full-time employment
at the age of 42, going to what is mostly a seasonal, part-time tax
preparation business.

snowman

Jan 28, 2012, 9:32:33 AM1/28/12
I got a late start before I 'saw the light' of my spending habits, but
I'm working hard to make up for lost time. One of the best things that
I ever did was to get a copy of Quicken, and to keep careful watch over
the total net worth number. It was really amazing to see just how small
spending changes really affected that number. That daily Starbucks
coffee and eating at restaurants all the time really do add up. Pretty
soon, I found that it was changing in a good way such that I'm now in a
much better position than I was 10 years ago, had I done nothing. I
agree, there is a lot of pressure by the rest of society to have the
bigger car, fancier house, exotic vacation, etc. But when I really
started to think just why I would need such things and to take into
account the progression of my total net worth numbers, the choice seemed
like a no-brainer. Will I receive CPP eventually? Sure. But I will
not be reliant on that government support to determine my comfort level
in retirement, that alone will be up to me. I won't have a gold plated
retirement, but i will be comfortable. And that to me is the essence of
the entire argument, individuals have to take some responsibility and
not be reliant on government for everything, something that Roy doesn't
understand.
Individuals make choices all the time about their own education,
their own health etc. Why shouldn't it be the same for their own finances?

John Fleming

Jan 28, 2012, 9:40:28 AM1/28/12
[Default] On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 23:46:46 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium "Sharx3335" <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> $"John Fleming" <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> $news:psk6i7pnbu0aj5go4...@4ax.com...
> $> [Default] On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:33:05 -0700, while chained to a
> $> desk
> $> in the scriptorium snowman <x@x.x> wrote:

> $>> $I for one do not have any kind of government pension, I will be
> $>> $responsible for my own retirement, which now doesn't seem like
> $>> such a
> $>> $bad thing. I won't be held hostage to any government's pension
> $>> reforms,
> $>> $or some company that doesn't survive like Nortel. Perhaps the
> $>> left wing
> $>> $loons should also try doing a bit more planning and thinking
> $>> for
> $>> $themselves rather live with the idea that the Government should
> $>> provide
> $>> $everything.
> $>
> $> I won't be in quite so good a position, but I'd like to be in a
> $> position where CPP is icing on the cake.
> $>
> $> Interestingly enough, there was an article in the Globe and Mail
> $> the
> $> other day about how the generation in Canada that is running up
> $> the
> $> most debt today is the Baby Boomers. These are the people who
> $> should
> $> be saving for retirement, not spending their way into the
> $> poorhouse.
> $
> $John, I find it absolutely incredible how so many middle-aged
> $people are treating their home equity as an ATM. I can't see them
> $EVER retiring as they are spending BOTH their incomes and then
> $some, to maintain the juggernaut in maintaining a life style or
> $moving to a larger and larger house, a fancier car, more or longer
> $vacations, etc.. They get more and more extra, part-time jobs,
> $e.g. get involved in pyramid scams. Doesn't ANYONE, other than
> $myself, realize that the CLUE, the SOLUTION, is to REDUCE
> $spending...to try ZERO-BASE budgeting.

You're right. A lot of people are living beyond their means. And the
day interest rates start to rise, they are going to be in a shitload
of hot water. In the meantime, the current artificially low interest
rates are putting the squeeze on retirees who rely on income from
investments to pay the bills.

Over here, at the humble country estate, expenses are about 85% of
gross employment income. And those expenses include nifty things like
income tax. Once the mortgage is gone, . . ..

> $In other words, to subject
> $EACH AND EVERY expenditure/proposed expenditure to careful
> $scrutiny. E.g. do we REALLY need this? would there REALLY be any
> $serious repercussions if we stopped buying bottled water or buying
> $carbon frame bikes or expensive cell phone plans for EVERY fucking
> $member of the family? Ditto for PAYING for any form of video,
> $including cable TV or satellite, when there are lots of FREE,
> $off-air channels, plus thousands and thousands of DVD's in the
> $Edmonton Public Library. Only $12 fucking dollars a year for
> $membership!! But, hey, WTF do *I* know? I remind people that MY
> $financial techniques enabled me to retire from full-time employment
> $at the age of 42, going to what is mostly a seasonal, part-time tax
> $preparation business.

Even with my level of frugality, there are a few things I could trim
out of my budget if I needed to. Things that are nice to have, but
not essential.

What's important is that, at the end of the day, income minus expenses
is greater than zero.

--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

PV

Jan 28, 2012, 9:48:58 AM1/28/12
Ever notice people resort to profanity and name calling when they have no
better argument? Your slavish devotion to Conservative values(?) and
politicians of a bygone era is a prime example of tunnel vision. At least I
am willing to look at alternatives and other values.

Your childish spew of profanity is beneath you Sharx, time to chill out and
grow up.

--
PV

John Fleming

Jan 28, 2012, 11:12:02 AM1/28/12
[Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:32:33 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium snowman <x@x.x> wrote:

> $I got a late start before I 'saw the light' of my spending habits, but
> $I'm working hard to make up for lost time. One of the best things that
> $I ever did was to get a copy of Quicken, and to keep careful watch over
> $the total net worth number.

I use Quicken as well, and rely heavily on its budgeting and budget
reporting tools. And while the net worth number understates my actual
net worth--my house is carried at cost rather than actual market
value--it is nice to watch that number creep up.

> $It was really amazing to see just how small
> $spending changes really affected that number. That daily Starbucks
> $coffee and eating at restaurants all the time really do add up. Pretty
> $soon, I found that it was changing in a good way such that I'm now in a
> $much better position than I was 10 years ago, had I done nothing.

Excellent!!

There was a time I was in much the same boat. Back in the early 90s,
I found I had to watch expenses very closely. I even had a budget
line item for the quarters needed for in the apartment laundry room
every week. While I've been able to relax things a bit since then, I
still maintain a high level of financial discipline.

> $ I
> $agree, there is a lot of pressure by the rest of society to have the
> $bigger car, fancier house, exotic vacation, etc. But when I really
> $started to think just why I would need such things and to take into
> $account the progression of my total net worth numbers, the choice seemed .
> $like a no-brainer.

I wouldn't even say don't take vacations. It just has to fit into the
budget, and the prime directive in the budget is that income minus
expenses must be greater than zero.

The thing, right now, that is determining how long I stay in the
workforce (aside from the fact that I like my job) is the time needed
to pay off the mortgage. Going with bi-weekly payments trims a couple
of years off the amortization. So did keeping the payments the same
at renewal, even though I could have gone with lower payments with the
lower interest rate. I just don't want to go into retirement while
still making mortgage payments.

> $Will I receive CPP eventually? Sure. But I will
> $not be reliant on that government support to determine my comfort level
> $in retirement, that alone will be up to me. I won't have a gold plated
> $retirement, but i will be comfortable.

I want to be in a position where CPP is icing on the cake.

> $And that to me is the essence of
> $the entire argument, individuals have to take some responsibility and
> $not be reliant on government for everything, something that Roy doesn't
> $understand.

Good point.

> $ Individuals make choices all the time about their own education,
> $their own health etc. Why shouldn't it be the same for their own finances?

Another good point.
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

Sharx3335

Jan 28, 2012, 6:55:26 PM1/28/12

"snowman" <x@x.x> wrote in message
Of course, just as I, all too often, make poor dietary choices,
most of society makes damn poor financial decisions. I, too, use
Quicken...since 1994, approx.. Every penny of spending and income
goes is recorded--doesn't take much time, either. My Doctor wants
me to carefully record, for a month, everything I eat. Now THAT is
one big pain in the ass. It's a lot easier to measure money than it
is to measure exactly how many calories there is in a nibble or two
of double cream brie cheese!!

Sharx3335

Jan 28, 2012, 6:56:52 PM1/28/12

"John Fleming" <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote in message
I'd fight to maintain my allotment of double cream brie cheese, for
example!!!

Sharx3335

Jan 28, 2012, 6:58:22 PM1/28/12

"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
OTHER alternatives? WHAT other alternatives? $&#**(%(#$
LIEbrawlism?? I think NOT! *&*&*&#$#$ airy-fairy New
DUMBocratism? Don't think so!!

Sharx3335

Jan 28, 2012, 7:02:16 PM1/28/12

"John Fleming" <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote in message
Sure, they can blow money on insisting on HAVING to have the latest
in the electronic toys. NO money spent here on wide screen TVs--we
have a 29 inch ANALOGUE monitor which is great for watching library
DVDs on. No money here blown on monthly satellite fees either OR
cable. Unless one lives close to or downtown, most people in
Edmonton should be able to get 7 clear digital FREE off-air
signals. Who has the time to watch TV, anyways? Hell, I am
semi-retired and *I* don't have the time.

John Fleming

Jan 28, 2012, 10:22:15 PM1/28/12
[Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:58:22 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium "Sharx3335" <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> $"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
> $news:wVTUq.2119$9j5....@newsfe09.iad...

> $> Ever notice people resort to profanity and name calling when they
> $> have no better argument? Your slavish devotion to Conservative
> $> values(?) and politicians of a bygone era is a prime example of
> $> tunnel vision. At least I am willing to look at alternatives and
> $> other values.
> $
> $OTHER alternatives? WHAT other alternatives? $&#**(%(#$
> $LIEbrawlism?? I think NOT! *&*&*&#$#$ airy-fairy New
> $DUMBocratism? Don't think so!!

In my opinion, non of the parties provincially are great alternatives.

I want a party that has a credible plan for balancing the provincial
books. Heck, I manage to balance my chequebook every month, why
shouldn't the government?
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

John Fleming

Jan 28, 2012, 10:26:27 PM1/28/12
[Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:02:16 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium "Sharx3335" <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> $>> $ Individuals make choices all the time about their own
> $>> education,
> $>> $their own health etc. Why shouldn't it be the same for their
> $>> own finances?
> $
> $Sure, they can blow money on insisting on HAVING to have the latest
> $in the electronic toys. NO money spent here on wide screen TVs--we
> $have a 29 inch ANALOGUE monitor which is great for watching library
> $DVDs on. No money here blown on monthly satellite fees either OR
> $cable. Unless one lives close to or downtown, most people in
> $Edmonton should be able to get 7 clear digital FREE off-air
> $signals. Who has the time to watch TV, anyways? Hell, I am
> $semi-retired and *I* don't have the time.

People may not always make the best choices about what to do with
their money, but it is their choice.

Sharx, you, snowman and I may chose to be more fiscally responsible
than a lot of Canadians--possibly most of them. The result is that we
are in better financial shape.

BTW, your TV is bigger than mine. :)

(Mine's a 26 inch.)

Sharx3335

Jan 28, 2012, 11:22:33 PM1/28/12

"John Fleming" <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote in message
John, we actually received ours free, from acreage people who were
upgrading to a digital capable set.

PV

Jan 28, 2012, 11:55:41 PM1/28/12
John Fleming wrote:
> [Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:58:22 -0700, while chained to a desk
> in the scriptorium "Sharx3335" <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> $"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
>> $news:wVTUq.2119$9j5....@newsfe09.iad...
>
>> $> Ever notice people resort to profanity and name calling when they
>> $> have no better argument? Your slavish devotion to Conservative
>> $> values(?) and politicians of a bygone era is a prime example of
>> $> tunnel vision. At least I am willing to look at alternatives and
>> $> other values.
>> $
>> $OTHER alternatives? WHAT other alternatives? $&#**(%(#$
>> $LIEbrawlism?? I think NOT! *&*&*&#$#$ airy-fairy New
>> $DUMBocratism? Don't think so!!
>
> In my opinion, non of the parties provincially are great alternatives.
>
> I want a party that has a credible plan for balancing the provincial
> books. Heck, I manage to balance my chequebook every month, why
> shouldn't the government?

Well neither are the PC's a viable party then, they can't balance the
chequebook and have been in power for over 40 years. None of the other
provincial parties have done the damage the PC's have

I want a party that will get us fair value for non-renewable resources, a
party that won't be so damn fast to ship raw product for others to reap the
rewards of the end product. I want a party that is not in bed with the oil
boys and one that will put an end to the ongoing corporate welfare.

And I want a unicorn for my kids to play with

John Fleming

Jan 29, 2012, 12:11:39 AM1/29/12
[Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:55:41 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:

> $John Fleming wrote:
> $> [Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:58:22 -0700, while chained to a desk
> $> in the scriptorium "Sharx3335" <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> $>> $"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
> $>> $news:wVTUq.2119$9j5....@newsfe09.iad...
> $>
> $>> $> Ever notice people resort to profanity and name calling when they
> $>> $> have no better argument? Your slavish devotion to Conservative
> $>> $> values(?) and politicians of a bygone era is a prime example of
> $>> $> tunnel vision. At least I am willing to look at alternatives and
> $>> $> other values.
> $>> $
> $>> $OTHER alternatives? WHAT other alternatives? $&#**(%(#$
> $>> $LIEbrawlism?? I think NOT! *&*&*&#$#$ airy-fairy New
> $>> $DUMBocratism? Don't think so!!
> $>
> $> In my opinion, non of the parties provincially are great alternatives.
> $>
> $> I want a party that has a credible plan for balancing the provincial
> $> books. Heck, I manage to balance my chequebook every month, why
> $> shouldn't the government?
> $
> $Well neither are the PC's a viable party then, they can't balance the
> $chequebook and have been in power for over 40 years. None of the other
> $provincial parties have done the damage the PC's have
> $
> $I want a party that will get us fair value for non-renewable resources, a
> $party that won't be so damn fast to ship raw product for others to reap the
> $rewards of the end product. I want a party that is not in bed with the oil
> $boys and one that will put an end to the ongoing corporate welfare.
> $
> $And I want a unicorn for my kids to play with

As I said, none of the parties provincially are great alternatives.

PV

Jan 29, 2012, 1:04:25 AM1/29/12
So it's time to send the ruling party a message, a strong message, one that
sends most of them to the EI office and remainder to the back benches of the
official opposition

Sharx3335

Jan 29, 2012, 3:36:27 AM1/29/12

"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
Well, I MIGHT be able to find the unicorn...but your OTHER
request....don't hold your breath!

Sharx3335

Jan 29, 2012, 3:37:46 AM1/29/12

"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
Regardless, I don't EVER recall voting PC provincially.

The Doctor

Jan 29, 2012, 8:39:33 AM1/29/12
In article <ij4Vq.2397$%17....@newsfe06.iad>,
Then the WRA is not an alternative for you PV.

>--
>PV
>
>"This sig left intentionally blank"

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
https://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k
Birthdate : 29 Jan 1969 Croydon, Surrey, UK

Roy

Jan 29, 2012, 8:48:08 AM1/29/12
So stick with your phoney baloney Harper with his phoney hair and phony glasses and phoney "personal groomer" and phoney sell-out policies and phoney "transparent government". Soon we'll have "Free Trade Agreements" with every two-bit Central and South American country that Harper can con into signing. That way we can export even more jobs.

Next comes "Free Trade" with China where we really give away the ranch...the man is a menace and you can't even see it.

The Doctor

Jan 29, 2012, 9:06:18 AM1/29/12
In article <2044150.550.1327844888985.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@prj1>,
Roy <edm.g...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>On Saturday, January 28, 2012 4:58:22 PM UTC-7, Sharx3335 wrote:
>> "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message=20
>> OTHER alternatives? WHAT other alternatives? $&#**(%(#$=20
>> LIEbrawlism?? I think NOT! *&*&*&#$#$ airy-fairy New=20
>> DUMBocratism? Don't think so!!
>>=20
>So stick with your phoney baloney Harper with his phoney hair and phony gla=
>sses and phoney "personal groomer" and phoney sell-out policies and phoney =
>"transparent government". Soon we'll have "Free Trade Agreements" with ever=
>y two-bit Central and South American country that Harper can con into signi=
>ng. That way we can export even more jobs.=20
>
>Next comes "Free Trade" with China where we really give away the ranch...th=
>e man is a menace and you can't even see it.

10/10 Roy!!

John Fleming

Jan 29, 2012, 3:26:13 PM1/29/12
[Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:04:25 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:

> $John Fleming wrote:
> $> [Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:55:41 -0700, while chained to a desk
> $> in the scriptorium "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:
> $>
> $>> $John Fleming wrote:
> $>> $> [Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:58:22 -0700, while chained to a
> $>> desk $> in the scriptorium "Sharx3335" <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> $>> $>> $"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
> $>> $>> $news:wVTUq.2119$9j5....@newsfe09.iad...
> $>> $>
> $>> $>> $> Ever notice people resort to profanity and name calling when
> $>> they $>> $> have no better argument? Your slavish devotion to
> $>> Conservative $>> $> values(?) and politicians of a bygone era is a
> $>> prime example of $>> $> tunnel vision. At least I am willing to
> $>> look at alternatives and $>> $> other values.
> $>> $>> $
> $>> $>> $OTHER alternatives? WHAT other alternatives? $&#**(%(#$
> $>> $>> $LIEbrawlism?? I think NOT! *&*&*&#$#$ airy-fairy New
> $>> $>> $DUMBocratism? Don't think so!!
> $>> $>
> $>> $> In my opinion, non of the parties provincially are great
> $>> alternatives. $>
> $>> $> I want a party that has a credible plan for balancing the
> $>> provincial $> books. Heck, I manage to balance my chequebook every
> $>> month, why $> shouldn't the government?
> $>> $
> $>> $Well neither are the PC's a viable party then, they can't balance
> $>> the $chequebook and have been in power for over 40 years. None of
> $>> the other $provincial parties have done the damage the PC's have
> $>> $
> $>> $I want a party that will get us fair value for non-renewable
> $>> resources, a $party that won't be so damn fast to ship raw product
> $>> for others to reap the $rewards of the end product. I want a party
> $>> that is not in bed with the oil $boys and one that will put an end
> $>> to the ongoing corporate welfare. $
> $>> $And I want a unicorn for my kids to play with
> $>
> $> As I said, none of the parties provincially are great alternatives.
> $
> $So it's time to send the ruling party a message, a strong message, one that
> $sends most of them to the EI office and remainder to the back benches of the
> $official opposition

Depends on what the other parties have to offer.

I'll cast my vote for the lesser of the evils. That is, the party I
think will do the least amount of damage.

John Fleming

Jan 29, 2012, 3:30:53 PM1/29/12
[Default] On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 05:48:08 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
desk in the scriptorium Roy <wil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> $On Saturday, January 28, 2012 4:58:22 PM UTC-7, Sharx3335 wrote:
> $> "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
> $> news:wVTUq.2119$9j5....@newsfe09.iad...
> $> > Sharx3335 wrote:
> $> >> "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
> $> >> news:QUKUq.181$Cs3...@newsfe22.iad...
> $> >>> Sharx3335 wrote:>
> $> OTHER alternatives? WHAT other alternatives? $&#**(%(#$
> $> LIEbrawlism?? I think NOT! *&*&*&#$#$ airy-fairy New
> $> DUMBocratism? Don't think so!!
> $>
> $So stick with your phoney baloney Harper with his phoney hair and phony glasses and phoney "personal groomer" and phoney sell-out policies and phoney "transparent government". Soon we'll have "Free Trade Agreements" with every two-bit Central and South American country that Harper can con into signing. That way we can export even more jobs.
> $
> $Next comes "Free Trade" with China where we really give away the ranch...the man is a menace and you can't even see it.

As I've said in other posts, the party that can best convince me they
can balance the national chequebook gets my vote.
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

The Doctor

Jan 29, 2012, 5:57:42 PM1/29/12
In article <hoabi7t5fq4sldd7v...@4ax.com>,
Then forget redinkers like the PCs the WRA nd the NDP.

Sharx3335

Jan 30, 2012, 12:40:21 AM1/30/12

"Roy" <wil...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
When it comes to anything on the international scene, it will be
the LEFT-wing LIEbrawls/newDUMBocrats that CONTINUE to sell us out.
That's the way it's always been!

Loaf of Bread

Jan 30, 2012, 2:22:50 PM1/30/12
On Jan 29, 3:57 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <hoabi7t5fq4sldd7vurgvgqr2ekvh2p...@4ax.com>,
> John Fleming  <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
>

> >[Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:04:25 -0700, while chained to a desk
> >in the scriptorium "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:
>
> >> $John Fleming wrote:
> >> $> [Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:55:41 -0700, while chained to a desk
> >> $> in the scriptorium "PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:
> >> $>
> >> $>> $John Fleming wrote:
> >> $>> $> [Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:58:22 -0700, while chained to a
> Then forget redinkers like the PCs the WRA nd the NDP.

Like anybody in their right mind is going to vote for the shit stain,
oops Liberal Party, in the next election.

Loaf of Bread

Jan 30, 2012, 2:23:18 PM1/30/12
On Jan 29, 6:39 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <ij4Vq.2397$%17.1...@newsfe06.iad>,
> PV <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:
>

> >John Fleming wrote:
> >> [Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:58:22 -0700, while chained to a desk

> >> In my opinion, non of the parties provincially are great alternatives.
>
> >> I want a party that has a credible plan for balancing the provincial
> >> books.  Heck, I manage to balance my chequebook every month, why
> >> shouldn't the government?
>
> >Well neither are the PC's a viable party then, they can't balance the
> >chequebook and have been in power for over 40 years.  None of the other
> >provincial parties have done the damage the PC's have
>
> >I want a party that will get us fair value for non-renewable resources, a
> >party that won't be so damn fast to ship raw product for others to reap the
> >rewards of the end product.  I want a party that is not in bed with the oil
> >boys and one that will put an end to the ongoing corporate welfare.
>
> Then the WRA is an alternative for you PV.

fixed

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2012, 3:54:39 PM1/30/12
In article <7d0599bd-ebcb-4f11...@j14g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 29, 3:57=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <hoabi7t5fq4sldd7vurgvgqr2ekvh2p...@4ax.com>,
>> John Fleming =A0<nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
>>

>> >[Default] On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:04:25 -0700, while chained to a desk

>sk
>e:
>ery
>of
>rty
>e that
> of the
>>
>> >Depends on what the other parties have to offer.
>>
>> >I'll cast my vote for the lesser of the evils. =A0That is, the party I
>> >think will do the least amount of damage.
>>
>> Then forget redinkers like the PCs the WRA nd the NDP.
>
>Like anybody in their right mind is going to vote for ,
> Liberal Party, in the next election.

Grant mitchell was written off in 1997 .

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2012, 3:55:07 PM1/30/12
In article <66a967a2-d374-4e25...@j14g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 29, 6:39=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <ij4Vq.2397$%17.1...@newsfe06.iad>,
>> PV <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:

>> >Well neither are the PC's a viable party then, they can't balance the
>> >chequebook and have been in power for over 40 years. =A0None of the othe=
>> >provincial parties have done the damage the PC's have
>>
>> >I want a party that will get us fair value for non-renewable resources, =
>> >party that won't be so damn fast to ship raw product for others to reap =
>the
>> >rewards of the end product. =A0I want a party that is not in bed with th=
>e oil
>> >boys and one that will put an end to the ongoing corporate welfare.
>>
>> Then the WRA is an alternative for you PV.
>>

>fixed

Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.

Loaf of Bread

Jan 30, 2012, 5:17:21 PM1/30/12
On Jan 30, 1:54 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <7d0599bd-ebcb-4f11-bcff-92c8aaf3a...@j14g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
> >Like anybody in their right mind is going to vote for the shit stain,
> >oops Liberal Party, in the next election.
>
> Grant mitchell was written off in 1997 .

Remind me again. He was Alberta premier for how long before the
Liberals turfed him as leader?

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2012, 7:25:29 PM1/30/12
In article <cc0ab3d2-cfcc-472a...@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 30, 1:54=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <7d0599bd-ebcb-4f11-bcff-92c8aaf3a...@j14g2000vba.googlegroups=
>.com>,
>> Loaf of Bread =A0<johnt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> de=3D
>> >sk
>to =3D
>rot=3D
>> >e:
>whe=3D
>s a
>ng to
>#$
> New
>ok ev=3D
>> >ery
>nce
>None =3D
>> >of
>uct
> a pa=3D
>> >rty
>end
>es.
> on=3D
>> >e that
>hes=3D
>> > of the

>y I

>> >Like anybody in their right mind is going to vote for the shit stain,
>> >oops Liberal Party, in the next election.
>>
>> Grant mitchell was written off in 1997 .
>
>Remind me again. He was Alberta premier for how long before the
>Liberals turfed him as leader?

Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.

Your question makes no sense. Must be all that botulin flowing in your blood.

snowman

Jan 30, 2012, 7:41:09 PM1/30/12
So was the rest of the Liberal Party.

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2012, 7:44:35 PM1/30/12
And then Kevin Taft became leader and force a Ralph Klein resignation.

PV

Jan 30, 2012, 8:04:38 PM1/30/12
>> Then the WRA is NOT an alternative for you PV.

fixed

Sorry but having been screwed by a conservative party lo these many years,
voting for a more conservative party is not an option in my book.
Especially one that feels they have the right to interfere with Edmonton's
municipal affairs.

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2012, 8:22:51 PM1/30/12
In article <I6HVq.5017$4K5....@newsfe16.iad>,
10/10 PV!! WRA SoCred rebranded!

PV

Jan 30, 2012, 8:28:59 PM1/30/12
> 10/10 PV!! WRA SoCred rebranded!

Trust me Doc, this has nothing to do with your mindless endorsement of the
Liberal party and I have no desire to be linked to your obsession in any way
shape or form.

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2012, 8:32:01 PM1/30/12
I rather slit my wrists than vote PCA, WRA or NDP.

PV

Jan 30, 2012, 8:33:19 PM1/30/12
Please demonstrate your technique for all of us. Remember across is for
hospital, straight up for death

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2012, 8:34:45 PM1/30/12
In article <AxHVq.5979$DZ1....@newsfe07.iad>,
You have to wait until polling day.

>--
>PV
>
>"This sig left intentionally blank"

PV

Jan 30, 2012, 8:37:04 PM1/30/12
Cool, now there is something to look forward to in this election

snowman

Jan 30, 2012, 9:24:41 PM1/30/12
Hmm. Looks like the Doctor has been smoking the BC Bud again.

Sharx3335

Jan 30, 2012, 10:13:20 PM1/30/12

"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
So, in other words, if a municipality, e.g. Edmonton, has a bunch
of fucking imbeciles on city council who are salivating all over
the place to give a FUCKING BILLIONAIRE hundreds of millions
dollars while getting NO FUCKING PROFIT in return, a provincial OR
a federal government shouldn't have the RIGHT and RESPONSIBILITY to
suggest that is not the best use of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF
DOLLARS? Now the Wild Rose Party who I had THOUGHT might be an
improvement, are suggesting that there should be a LOTTERY to raise
the missing supposed 100,000,000 dollars. EARTH TO FUCKING IDIOT
POLITICIANS: the lottery pie is only so big--every dollar that goes
to buying lottery tickets to prop up the BILLIONAIRE-ownee spOilers
is a dollar NOT BEING SPENT on much more worth lotteries supporting
hospitals, amateur sports, etc.. By the way, Katz just sold a
small part of his drug store empire for $960 MILLION CASH. He has
more than enough funds to build the ENTIRE ARENA PROJECT. This is
what he SHOULD DO--build it, operate it, and, of course, profit
from it IF it actually made anything. NOT ONE FUCKING PUBLIC
PENNY!!!!!!

Sharx3335

Jan 30, 2012, 10:15:08 PM1/30/12

"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
Heh, heh. Up the river, cross it!! I am pretty much bummed out on
political parties. Don Iveson on Edmonton council, though, still
has SOME possibilities. Henderson is an air head, though.

PV

Jan 30, 2012, 10:18:03 PM1/30/12
Easy Sharx,

I am talking about the municipal airport, not the arena

I do agree with you on the arena, time for the rich kids to pay for their
own toys, I can't even afford to look at an Oiler's ticket, never mind going
to a game

Sharx3335

Jan 30, 2012, 10:26:33 PM1/30/12

"PV" <edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote in message
Ah, the airport. WARNING: Sharx. Manor is on 110 Street....Main
North South flight path used to right overhead, even though we are
FIVE miles south of downtown. AH, the glorious peace and quiet
that we know have, most of the time. And, of course, the Nisku
airport is but 20 minutes south of here.

Having said THAT, I have to wonder what councillors have
investments in ANY of the developers who might be involved in the
airport lands? I also have to seriously wonder how the
infrastructure will handle all those thousands and thousands of new
residents living on the re-developed airport lands. Traffic on
surrounding roads is already choked and I really don't believe more
than a small fraction will use public transit. Case in point. My
neighbour works for Edmonton Transit as a Planner. His residence
has, count them, FIVE FUCKING VEHICLES.

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2012, 9:34:34 AM1/31/12
In article <5BHVq.3403$9j5....@newsfe09.iad>,
But you are needing to find someone to hold up a gun to my head.

>--
>PV
>
>"This sig left intentionally blank"

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2012, 9:35:07 AM1/31/12
Looks like you forgot what forced Ralph out.

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2012, 9:36:34 AM1/31/12
In article <jg7mbr$9uo$1...@speranza.aioe.org>,
Iveson is a lost cause Teeth like Mandel.

Loaf of Bread

Jan 31, 2012, 3:16:48 PM1/31/12
On Jan 30, 6:32 pm, The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> On 2012-01-31, PV <edrnouser@spam> wrote:
>

> > The Doctor wrote:
> >> In article <I6HVq.5017$4K5.4...@newsfe16.iad>,
Believe me Yads. You'd be doing us all a favor if you did that.

Loaf of Bread

Jan 31, 2012, 3:17:50 PM1/31/12
My apologies PV.

I was going after Yad's mindless obsessive compulsive drooling
attachement to the Liberals.

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2012, 6:08:15 PM1/31/12
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.

PV

Jan 31, 2012, 6:25:10 PM1/31/12
No sweat Loaf, it's amazing his mindless following of the Liberal party to
the point of willing to slit his wrists rather then vote for any other
party.

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2012, 6:52:55 PM1/31/12
Just remember the battered wife syndrome.

snowman

Jan 31, 2012, 7:07:36 PM1/31/12
On 31/01/2012 7:35 AM, The Doctor wrote:
Your revisionist history doesn't wash Herr Doktor. Put down the bong pipe.

snowman

Jan 31, 2012, 7:51:30 PM1/31/12
You are a battered wife? I wasn't aware that you were even a cross
dresser.

Learn something new every day, I say.

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2012, 7:53:59 PM1/31/12
You forget Taft is in double digits and Klein faces dissent.

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2012, 7:54:22 PM1/31/12
01/0 snowman the penal blowjob man.

snowman

Jan 31, 2012, 8:10:20 PM1/31/12
On 31/01/2012 5:53 PM, The Doctor wrote:
And you forgot that Taft lost the election. His was an epic failure to
capture the public interest. No wonder he never survived as a leader.

snowman

Jan 31, 2012, 8:11:04 PM1/31/12
On 31/01/2012 5:54 PM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article<4f288c91$0$22067$882e...@usenet-news.net>, snowman<x@x.x> wrote:
>> On 31/01/2012 4:52 PM, The Doctor wrote:
>>> PV<edrnouser@ spam telus.net> wrote:
>>

>>> : No sweat Loaf, it's amazing his mindless following of the Liberal party to
>>> : the point of willing to slit his wrists rather then vote for any other
>>> : party.
>>>

>>> Just remember the battered wife syndrome.
>>>

>> You are a battered wife? I wasn't aware that you were even a cross
>> dresser.
>>
>> Learn something new every day, I say.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "It's the customer's privilege to burst their own f*cking yolk."
>>
>> -Gordon Ramsey
>
> 01/0 snowman the penal blowjob man.

I notice that you didn't deny the bit about cross dressing. Very
interesting.

The Doctor

Feb 1, 2012, 7:58:33 AM2/1/12
Keyword there is Stelmach.

The Doctor

Feb 1, 2012, 7:59:02 AM2/1/12
0/10 snowman the penal blowjob man.

Loaf of Bread

Feb 1, 2012, 1:29:23 PM2/1/12
On Jan 31, 5:53 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <4f288248$0$14425$882e7...@usenet-news.net>, snowman  <x...@x.x> wrote:
Taft was the loser. That is *all* that counts.

Loaf of Bread

Feb 1, 2012, 1:31:36 PM2/1/12
On Jan 30, 5:25 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <cc0ab3d2-cfcc-472a-b1e6-7cec255a1...@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> Loaf of Bread  <johnt...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >On Jan 30, 1:54=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> >> In article <7d0599bd-ebcb-4f11-bcff-92c8aaf3a...@j14g2000vba.googlegroups=
> >.com>,

> > de=3D
> >to =3D
> >rot=3D
> >whe=3D
> >s a
> >ng to
> >#$
> > New
> >ok ev=3D
> >nce
> >None =3D
> >uct
> > a pa=3D
> >end
> >es.
> > on=3D
> >hes=3D

> >y I

> >> Grant mitchell was written off in 1997 .
>
> >Remind me again.  He was Alberta premier for how long before the
> >Liberals turfed him as leader?
>
> Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
> toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.
>
> Your question makes no sense.  Must be all that botulin flowing in your blood.

You have trouble understanding English Yads?

How long was Grant Mitchell Alberta Premier before the Liberals turfed
him?

Loaf of Bread

Feb 1, 2012, 1:33:56 PM2/1/12
On Jan 31, 5:51 pm, snowman <x...@x.x> wrote:
> On 31/01/2012 4:52 PM, The Doctor wrote:
>
> > PV<edrnouser@ spam telus.net>  wrote:
>
> > : No sweat Loaf, it's amazing his mindless following of the Liberal party to
> > : the point of willing to slit his wrists rather then vote for any other
> > : party.
>
> > Just remember the battered wife syndrome.
>
> You are a battered wife?  I wasn't aware that you were even a cross
> dresser.
>
> Learn something new every day, I say.

Yeah. I didn't know he'd had a sex change and got married. Live and
learn.

Loaf of Bread

Feb 1, 2012, 1:34:56 PM2/1/12
On Jan 31, 6:11 pm, snowman <x...@x.x> wrote:
> On 31/01/2012 5:54 PM, The Doctor wrote:

> >> You are a battered wife?  I wasn't aware that you were even a cross
> >> dresser.
>
> >> Learn something new every day, I say.
>
> >> --
>
> >> "It's the customer's privilege to burst their own f*cking yolk."
>
> >>        -Gordon Ramsey
>
> > 01/0 snowman the penal blowjob man.
>
> I notice that you didn't deny the bit about cross dressing.  Very
> interesting.

Good point.

Hey Fleming. Does Yads were heels to Toastmasters meetings?

Loaf of Bread

Feb 1, 2012, 1:33:15 PM2/1/12
Sounds like he has real psychological problems there.

If the idea of voting for something other than Liberal gives him
suicidal tendencies, he needs a psychiatrist and fast.

The Doctor

Feb 1, 2012, 6:00:46 PM2/1/12
In article <df088987-bf48-424a...@hb4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 31, 5:53=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <4f288248$0$14425$882e7...@usenet-news.net>, snowman =A0<x...@=
>x.x> wrote:
>groups.com>,
>te:

>a desk
>:

>chained to a de=3D
>700, while chained to =3D
>...@hotmail.com> =A0 =A0wrot=3D
>.
>rofanity and name calling whe=3D
>=3DA0Your slavish devotion to
>iticians of a bygone era is a
>. =3DA0At least I am willing to
> values.
>ives? =3DA0$&#**(%(#$
>$#$ =3DA0airy-fairy New
>ially are great
>or balancing the
>balance my chequebook ev=3D
>y can't balance
>years. =3DA0None =3D
>the PC's have
>-renewable
>hip raw product
> =3DA0I want a pa=3D
>will put an end
>t alternatives.
>sage, on=3D
> benches=3D

>e party I

>n.

>> >Your revisionist history doesn't wash Herr Doktor. =A0Put down the bong =
>pipe.
>>
>> >--
>> >--------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> >"It's the customer's privilege to burst their own f*cking yolk."
>>
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0 -Gordon Ramsey
>>
>> You forget Taft is in double digits and Klein faces dissent.
>
>Taft was the loser. That is *all* that counts.

Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.

Worst part for you Mouldy Bread you are so bitter
then the chemical warfare department of CFB Suffield
uses your blood for chemical warfare agents.

The Doctor

Feb 1, 2012, 6:01:18 PM2/1/12
In article <a8bbe90e-392c-49e1...@hb4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 30, 5:25=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <cc0ab3d2-cfcc-472a-b1e6-7cec255a1...@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups=
>.com>,
>> Loaf of Bread =A0<johnt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>ups=3D
>> >.com>,

>:

>esk

>o a=3D
>> > de=3D3D
>ed =3D
>> >to =3D3D
>> w=3D
>> >rot=3D3D
>ng =3D
>> >whe=3D3D
>otion=3D
>a i=3D
>> >s a
>willi=3D
>> >ng to
>**(%(=3D
>> >#$
>y-fairy=3D
>> > New
>quebo=3D
>> >ok ev=3D3D
>ala=3D
>> >nce
>=3D3DA0=3D
>> >None =3D3D
>hav=3D
>rod=3D
>> >uct
> want=3D
>> > a pa=3D3D
>an =3D
>> >end
>tiv=3D
>> >es.
>ge,=3D
>> > on=3D3D
>enc=3D
>> >hes=3D3D

> part=3D
>> >y I

>> >Remind me again. =A0He was Alberta premier for how long before the
>> >Liberals turfed him as leader?
>>
>> Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
>> toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.
>>
>> Your question makes no sense. =A0Must be all that botulin flowing in your=
> blood.
>
>You have trouble understanding English Yads?
>
>How long was Grant Mitchell Alberta Premier before the Liberals turfed
>him?

Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.

The Doctor

Feb 1, 2012, 6:01:59 PM2/1/12
In article <5aeffde2-c075-46e1...@m2g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 31, 5:51=A0pm, snowman <x...@x.x> wrote:
>> On 31/01/2012 4:52 PM, The Doctor wrote:
>>
>> > PV<edrnouser@ spam telus.net> =A0wrote:
>>
>> > : No sweat Loaf, it's amazing his mindless following of the Liberal par=
>ty to
>> > : the point of willing to slit his wrists rather then vote for any othe=
>> > : party.
>>
>> > Just remember the battered wife syndrome.
>>
>> You are a battered wife? =A0I wasn't aware that you were even a cross
>> dresser.
>>
>> Learn something new every day, I say.
>
>Yeah. I didn't know he'd had a sex change and got married. Live and
>learn.

Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.

PV

Feb 1, 2012, 8:17:39 PM2/1/12
Or a ballot and a razor blade :->

snowman

Feb 1, 2012, 8:51:54 PM2/1/12
I guess that's the Doctor's way of saying "Duh....I dunno....um.....never?"

"It's the customer's privilege to burst their own f*cking yolk."

-Gordon Ramsey

snowman

Feb 1, 2012, 8:53:55 PM2/1/12
On 01/02/2012 5:58 AM, The Doctor wrote:
Precisely, Herr Doktor. Stelmach was pretty meek and mild as far as
leaders go, and yet Taft STILL lost. That's just how bad a Liberal
leader he was. Sadly, things haven't improved since then.

The Doctor

Feb 2, 2012, 8:50:52 AM2/2/12
So explain Klein losing seats to Taft?

Loaf of Bread

Feb 2, 2012, 1:44:59 PM2/2/12
On Feb 1, 6:51 pm, snowman <x...@x.x> wrote:
> On 01/02/2012 4:01 PM, The Doctor wrote:
>
> > In article<a8bbe90e-392c-49e1-823b-cece747b6...@hb4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> > Loaf of Bread<johnt...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
>
> >> How long was Grant Mitchell Alberta Premier before the Liberals turfed
> >> him?
>
> > Spews venomous anti-social anti-common-sense obnoxious mannerless
> > toxic unwholesome white mouldy Loaf of Bread.
>
> I guess that's the Doctor's way of saying "Duh....I dunno....um.....never?"

I guess Grant Mitchell is also like Yads--a loser and yesterday's man.

Loaf of Bread

Feb 2, 2012, 1:47:34 PM2/2/12
On Feb 1, 4:00 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:

[snip]

You're still sore because a second rate Liberal leader lost an
election?

Loaf of Bread

Feb 2, 2012, 1:46:26 PM2/2/12
On Feb 2, 6:50 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:

> So explain Klein losing seats to Taft?

Think it might have something to do with Klein insulting AISH
recipients and wandering drunk into events and insulting people?

Klein was doing a better job at shooting himself in the foot than Taft
could ever do.

Loaf of Bread

Feb 2, 2012, 1:48:51 PM2/2/12
I hope it's a childproof razor blade, for Yad's sake and safety.

snowman

Feb 2, 2012, 11:58:45 PM2/2/12
On 02/02/2012 6:50 AM, The Doctor wrote:
So explain Taft losing the election to Klein?

Idiot.

The Doctor

Feb 3, 2012, 9:36:01 AM2/3/12
Enough people mad at Klein to get Taft into opposition
but wanted to see what he does in oppposition
before going to government.

Loaf of Bread

Feb 3, 2012, 1:32:57 PM2/3/12
On Feb 3, 7:36 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:

> Enough people mad at Klein to get Taft into opposition
> but wanted to see what he does in oppposition
> before going to government.

You and I both know that's complete and total horseshit Yads.

Taft lost because Albertans couldn't see him as premier.

snowman

Feb 3, 2012, 8:40:10 PM2/3/12
On 03/02/2012 7:36 AM, The Doctor wrote:
That is the worst whitewashing that I have ever heard. Seriously, you
are mired up to your asshole in denial.

John Fleming

Feb 3, 2012, 9:32:59 PM2/3/12
[Default] On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:40:10 -0700, while chained to a desk
in the scriptorium snowman <x@x.x> wrote:
> $On 03/02/2012 7:36 AM, The Doctor wrote:

> $> Enough people mad at Klein to get Taft into opposition
> $> but wanted to see what he does in oppposition
> $> before going to government.
> $
> $That is the worst whitewashing that I have ever heard. Seriously, you
> $are mired up to your asshole in denial.

His being in denial is probably a good thing. Less possibility of any
real damage that way.

Anyway, given that two of the, what, last five leaders of the Alberta
Liberal Party are disgrunted Conservatives, it kind of suggests the
Liberals don't have a lot of depth in the leadership pool.
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O
And on that farm he had a genome E-I-E-I-O
With a SNP SNP here and a SNP SNP there,
Here a SNP, there a SNP, everywhere a SNP SNP
Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O

The Doctor

Feb 7, 2012, 10:40:47 AM2/7/12
In article <b6d20fa8-33ec-4897...@hb4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
A rightwinger has to have a gun to my head saying vote
Conservative or else.

The Doctor

Feb 7, 2012, 10:41:47 AM2/7/12
In article <502a1b22-e418-4cdd...@15g2000vbq.googlegroups.com>,
Loaf of Bread <john...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Feb 3, 7:36=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>
>> Enough people mad at Klein to get Taft into opposition
>> but wanted to see what he does in oppposition
>> before going to government.
>
>You and I both know that's complete and total horse Yads.
>
>Taft lost because Albertans couldn't see him as premier.

I refer to Taft vs Klein not Taft vs Stelmach.