edPUG Meeting: 16th October 2012

Ally Burns

Oct 9, 2012, 10:15:30 AM10/9/12
to edi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

To stick with edPUG being the 3rd Tuesday of each month, we are planning to have another edPUG in the Line Offices.

James was going to do a talk on testing, but is unfortunately in London.

Would anyone else like to give a talk, even a lightning talk?

I'd in particular like to hear how people are using Drupal in the enterprise to make large, non drupal-looking sites.
- recommended plugins
- tips and tricks
- "hacks" required

I'm also always interested to hear about Symfony2, and other new frameworks, e.g. Zend 2

If we don't have any talks arranged, then the meetup would just be a few beers and general chat (with some PHP related topics thrown in!)

We could to some show and tells - sites you've recently worked on, and the challenges you faced / libraries you used etc.

What are peoples thoughts? Who can make it next Tue, even if it is just a general chat meetup?

Cheers,

Ally

Gareth Alexander

Oct 10, 2012, 7:51:49 AM10/10/12
to edi...@googlegroups.com
The offer of a drupal lightning talk is still open, but a "how to make drupal not look like drupal" and "drupal in the enterprise" may take up more time than is available in a lightning talk.

That being said, I could certainly show some examples of both of these things with links of to other more in depth talks.

Gareth

Ally Burns

Oct 11, 2012, 4:57:46 AM10/11/12
to edi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gareth,

A lightning talk would be great, and just linking off to some examples after would be perfect. We played about with Slideshare Karaoke last time too, so we could even look through some other peoples slides after with a beer or two. I think the format this month will be more informal, but be good to promise a lightning talk to get people interested.
If you're cool with that we can then tweet it a few places, and I will make it a free event on EventBrite  just to control numbers (not that I expect it to reach capacity!)

Cheers,

Ally