AGM (8:00 PM on 30th March at the Games Hub) + Pub ?

rob

Mar 8, 2017, 5:35:39 PM3/8/17
to Edinburgh Go Club
Hi Everyone,

I haven't had any objections to the time or date from the mailing list, so lets go with the 30th March.

There is a proposed Agenda below.

Let me know if you have any other questions or anything to add.

Under AOB (Any Other Business), I thought it might be worthwhile to adjourn to a Pub afterwards...

Best Regards,

rob.

AGENDA:
========

1. Adopt the BGA Model Constitution (see below):

<<

Constitution of the Edinburgh Go Club

  1. The Edinburgh Go Club is a non profit-making organisation devoted to the playing of, and promotion of interest in, the game of go.
  2. The officers of the club shall be Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.
  3. There shall be an Annual General Meeting (AGM) to which the Secretary shall invite all members at least two weeks in advance.
  4. The business of the AGM shall include the election of officers, and the presentation by the Treasurer of the previous year's accounts.

2. Proposed Additions / Amendments to the Above Constitution (summarised from Neil's e-mail, please check if I captured the intend meaning, especially requiring official documents which I took as more general statement on governance)

a) the club shall not borrow or take on liabilities
b) on dissolution proceeds of the club shall go to the British Go Association.
c) decisions require a majority of the elected officers.

< Other Items as per standard AGM as in constitution above >

3. Presentation of Accounts

4. Election of Officers
- Chairman
- Secretary
- Treasurer

5. AOB (Any Other Business)
- this may include adjourning to a nearby pub.

rob

Mar 28, 2017, 9:12:29 AM3/28/17
to Edinburgh Go Club
Quick Reminder that 8:00 Thursday's at the Games Hub will be the AGM.

Hope to see you there, but If you can't make it, and wish for any matters to be raised, or to be nominated for a post in your absence then please let me know.

Best Regards,

rob.