Go Books - Good Condition

rob

Feb 5, 2018, 11:06:49 AM2/5/18
to Edinburgh Go Club

We've been offered some Go Books including many classic titles, see photo and e-mails below.

If interested then please respond to this post, and I can pass on Adam's contact details.

Best Regards,

rob.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Rob,
Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is a photo.  They are mostly pretty good condition except covers a little faded from the sun.  Probably about 30 years old!

Yes I am near Murrayfield.

Cheers,
Adam

On 05/02/2018 13:30, edinburgh goclub wrote:
Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have a list of titles and/or photo then I can post to the club's mailing list.

I'm assuming that you are based in Edinburgh, so would be easy enough to collect.

Best Regards,

rob.

On 5 February 2018 at 12:47, Adam Shepherd wrote:
Hi,
I have a collection of 13 go books that I no longer need as I haven't played in years.  Might your club or any of your members be interested?

My preference is to give them away all together in exchange for a donation to charity.  I offered them to Oxfam, but they weren't sure they could sell them.

Let me know if you are interested, and I can send a photo.

Best wishes,
Adam
IMG_20180205_135254.jpg

Valerio

Feb 5, 2018, 1:39:36 PM2/5/18
to Edinburgh Go Club
I'd be interested in the Elementary series, is anybody willing to share the collection?

Cheers

Valerio

Clement

Feb 5, 2018, 2:06:22 PM2/5/18
to Edinburgh Go Club, Valerio
I'm intersted in 'Lessons in the fundamentals of go' but I am only a casual player and I think that these books would be best owned by the club so would support that the club takes them if it wishes to.

I'm unclear as to whether the owner is asking that we give something in return when writing: "My preference is to give them away all together in exchange for a donation to charity."

Could someone clarify this for me?

I am happy to share the collection (that is to join in collecting the books if necessary) and give the other books to charity or the Edinburgh City Library if no-one else is interested.

Clement

Donald MacLeod

Feb 5, 2018, 2:53:38 PM2/5/18
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com, Valerio

You would pay the charity (he should be happy for you to suggest one) and forward to him a proof of your donation.

BTW one of those books is now quite rare – you can see it going for £100 on Amazon!

Donald

Clement

Feb 5, 2018, 3:29:29 PM2/5/18
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

It all depends on how much the owner would like us to donate to charity. I did not have in mind to buy any of those books but think it would be great if the city library had more books on go if the club does not want them.

So I am not really that keen on giving much money to a charity in exchange of books I had no intention to buy if you see what I mean.

Rob, I wonder if it would be worth asking the person how much they would like us to give to charity in return for his books donation to check that interested people are still on board then?

I don;t mind asking the person directly if you prefer us interested lot to take this forward?

Cheers

Clement

Valerio

Feb 5, 2018, 5:37:39 PM2/5/18
to Edinburgh Go Club
If a good number of us are interested we could put a few money each and set up a club library

Valerio

Clement

Feb 5, 2018, 6:49:57 PM2/5/18
to Edinburgh Go Club, Valerio
I thought that the club had a library already though it was kept in people's homes mostly because there wasz no space available for it at the games hub.
Is that not the case Rob?
Clement

------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------
[...]

Neil Sandford

Feb 6, 2018, 4:43:06 AM2/6/18
to Edinburgh Go Club
Errr - are you sure that isn't my bookshelf?

Neil

Clement

Feb 14, 2018, 6:08:04 PM2/14/18
to Edinburgh Go Club, Neil Sandford
Hi there,

Neil, I am not sure if you r email was a direct response to mine about the go books the club has?

What is the situation regarding those books in the end Rob? does the club not want them?

Do we know what kind of donation the person wants?

Would you like me to contact them directly to ask them?

Cheers

Clement

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:06:49 PM UTC, rob wrote:

[...]

Valerio Marconi

Feb 14, 2018, 6:17:26 PM2/14/18
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I decided to take the books. I don't know if I'll be a better player but for sure I'll have some stuff to study for a while :)

Cheers

Valerio