Scottish Open Next Week and Informal Meet-Up on Friday

rob

May 20, 2017, 3:37:03 AM5/20/17
to Edinburgh Go Club
Quick mail to the group to encourage you to sign-up for tournament if you haven't already. See here.

Also, does anyone have plans for informal event yet which is mentioned on the tournament description for the Friday Evening ?

If someone brings a laptop/tablet along then this might be a good chance to review some of the Alpha Go Matches. (choosing a venue on a Friday evening is always a bit difficult - anyone got any ideas...)

rob.

Bálint Totu

May 21, 2017, 5:04:38 PM5/21/17
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just a note - I've seen the ad on the BGA website - I can say that the front entrance would be definitely preferred as it can be overseen from the canteen where we anticipate the main venue to be.

Cheers,
Balint

Boris Mitrovic

May 23, 2017, 2:42:09 PM5/23/17
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Good news about the tournament coming up this weekend - Skyscanner will provide us with free Drinks (beer) and Pizza on Saturday!
Tea and coffee (including milk / sugar) will be provided as well.

We've got 9 entrants so far - I'd like to encourage everyone to sign up so we can plan for the numbers. http://britgo.org/tournaments/2017/scottish_open

As Balint pointed out Front entrance is preferred. I can't think of any venue on Friday which wouldn't be too crowded. Is the games hub an option at all? I would be up for reviewing AlphaGo games (we can also do it on Thursday at our usual meeting). It would be good if people could take a few sets and / or clocks from the games hub on Thursday and bring them along to the tournament just in case we'll need extra. So far we have

I hope you're all as excited about the AlphaGo vs Ke Jie match as I am :)

Cheers,
Boris

Donald MacLeod

May 24, 2017, 5:30:07 AM5/24/17
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com

Hi Boris

Sounds great (and sorry to miss), but you need to update the web page if you possibly can, also with the preferred entrance.

Also I’ve heard that one entry from Glasgow (Josh Gorman) has not been acknowledged.  Could you check and/or resend please.

Donald

Boris Mitrovic

May 24, 2017, 3:52:55 PM5/24/17
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I never received an email from Josh Gorman. I'll get the website updated and send an email to gotalk