"Yurt" Housing : nomadic modular parametric design

Dante-Gabryell Monson

Sep 9, 2011, 6:14:12 AM9/9/11
to econ...@googlegroups.com

below, a reply where I mention the concept for a "nomadic modular parametric design" approach I wish to support ( concept still in development ) :

I am currently interested in modular nomad solutions which can use tensegrity,
for which every modular component can be rebuilt with other pieces into a transportation device ( such as into bikes, trucks, etc ),
every component having a unique resource identifier, being traceable through some spime rfid tags approach. ( and using a semantic data base model / w3c compliant ? )

The disassembly and reconstruction of the structures can be done through assistance of a hand held computing device connected to a server, which supports the rebuilder/participant/nomad tribe member in its construction process based on the shape requested.

Shapes of the combined modulable elements can be adapted to terrain and usage considerations,
and calculated using parametric design / generative architecture software.

Also see :
///

In case of interest,
I save some bookmarks on the following architecture tag :