Autocomplete failing with "__eclim_temp_TestMain.java not found"

Bart van Nierop

Apr 12, 2014, 8:21:12 AM4/12/14
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
In the past two days I have been trying to get Eclim set up on two different machines, both running Windows 8. Both machines have vim 7.4a with patches 1-44 compiled by Haroogen. Described below are the exact steps I followed and the error message I got. On both machines, all JRE's and JDK's were removed prior to following these steps.

Launching vim with only eclim (gvim -u NONE -U NONE --cmd "set nocp | sy on | filetype plugin indent on | ru plugin/eclim.vim") does not solve the issue.
Using vim instead of gvim (which is horrible on Windows) does not solve the issue.

3. Extract to "C:\" so that the executable becomes "C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe"
5. Install Eclim: java -jar eclim_2.3.3.jar (Java Development, Android Development, Web Development)
a. Install org.eclipse.wst.web_ui_feature
b. Install com.android.ide.eclipse.adt
6. Start Eclipse (default workspace)
a. After prompt, install android-sdk to E:\dev\android-sdks
7. Add the following line to .vimrc, to play nice with YouCompleteMe: let g:EclimCompletionMethod = 'omnifunc'
8. Start Eclim as per the instructions in "Testing the installation" on http://eclim.org/install.html (Window ‣ Show View ‣ Other ‣ Eclim ‣ eclimd)
9. Start gvim and execute :PingEclim and :EclimValidate.
Results:
eclim 2.3.3
eclipse 4.3.2
Result: OK, required settings are valid
10. Close vim, start following instructions from http://eclim.org/gettingstarted.html
a. Run cmd.
b. cd\
c. md test
d. cd test
e. gvim
f. :ProjectCreate javatest -n java (result: Created project 'javatest')
g. :q
h. cd javatest
i. md src\java
j. gvim .classpath
k. :NewSrcEntry src/java
At this point the .classpath file has a line that the "Getting Started" page does not list:  <classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
We'll remove it for now and put it back if things don't work out.
l. :q
m. cd src/java
n. md org\test
o. gvim org/test/TestMain.java
p. Type in the code for TestMain.java
q. :w
r. Start typing System.
s. Make sure to be in insert mode just after the period.
t. Press <C-X><C-U>. No completion
u. :let g:EclimLogLevel = 10
v. Try again. The following output is observed:

                    -- INSERT ---- ^X mode (^]^D^E^F^I^K^L^N^O^Ps^U^V^Y)-- User defined completion (^U^N^P) -- Searching...
                    "C:\test\javatest\src\java\org\test/__eclim_temp_TestMain.java" 9L, 121C written
                    (0s) nailgun.py (port: 9091): -editor vim -command java_complete -p "javatest" -f "C:/test/javatest/src/java/org/test/__eclim_temp_TestMain.java" -o 111 -e latin1 -l compact
                    -- User defined completion (^U^N^P)
                    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Source file 'C:/test/javatest/src/java/org/test/__eclim_temp_TestMain.java' not found in any of the project's designated source directories defined in the project's .classpath file.

                        at org.eclim.plugin.jdt.util.JavaUtils.getCompilationUnit(JavaUtils.java:225)

                        at org.eclim.plugin.jdt.util.JavaUtils.getCompilationUnit(JavaUtils.java:180)

                        at org.eclim.plugin.jdt.command.complete.CodeCompleteCommand.execute(CodeCompleteCommand.java:72)

                        at org.eclim.command.Main$1.run(Main.java:100)

                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)

                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4145)

                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3762)

                        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)

                        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

                        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)

                        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)

                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)

                        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)

                        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)

                        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)

                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)

                        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)

                        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)

                        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

                        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)
                    while executing command (port: 9091): -editor vim -command java_complete -p "javatest" -f "C:/test/javatest/src/java/org/test/__eclim_temp_TestMain.java" -o 111 -e latin1 -l compact
                    Omnifunc returned bad value to YCM! Omnifunc did not return a list or a dict with a "words"  list when expected.-- User defined completion (^U^N^P) Pattern not found-- User defined completion (^U^N^P) Pattern not found-- INSERT ---- INSERT --
                    -- INSERT ---- ^X mode (^]^D^E^F^I^K^L^N^O^Ps^U^V^Y)-- INSERT ---- INSERT ---- INSERT --

Checking the folder shows that the missing file, __eclim_temp_TestMain.java, does in fact exist. Adding the removed entry from .classpath exibits the same behavior. Having (a new) project as subfolder of the workspace, same problem.

What have I missed?

Eric Van Dewoestine

Apr 12, 2014, 10:31:21 AM4/12/14
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
The 2.3.4[1] release I just uploaded should resolve the issue. I
introduced a bug on Windows in the 2.3.3 release that is causing your
error and potentially breaks many other features as well.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/eclim/files/eclim/2.3.4/

--
eric

Shenghi