eclim installation

xigamy

Nov 18, 2008, 5:29:50 AM11/18/08
to eclim-user
I am absolutely new to eclim. I like the idea of having eclipse
features in vim, especially the code completion. However, i
encountered problems with starting eclim. I followed all installation
instructions. Thats executing the exe for windows.
My environment is: Java 6 Update 10, Eclipse 3.4.1 and Vim 7.2
When i execute eclim.bat in the eclipse plugins directory, i get this
message:
D:\program_files\eclipse_3.4.1\plugins\org.eclim_1.4.3\bin>eclim
connect: No error
And when i execute :PingEclim in Vim i get this message:
unable to connect to eclimd - connect: no error
What is wrong, or what can i do to find out more about this problem?
In the log directory i can only find a .keep file but no logs.
--
xigamy

Eric Van Dewoestine

Nov 18, 2008, 10:12:04 AM11/18/08
to eclim...@googlegroups.com

You first need to start eclimd (note the 'd', vs just 'eclim'):

D:\program_files\eclipse_3.4.1\plugins\org.eclim_1.4.3\bin> eclimd.bat

--
eric

xigamy

Nov 18, 2008, 4:21:50 PM11/18/08
to eclim-user
Thank you very much Eric! Now i can use eclim!

--
xigamy

vbg

Nov 20, 2008, 9:07:14 AM11/20/08
to eclim-user
I had the same issue, I tried to run eclimd.bat I get the following
error

!SESSION 2008-11-19 16:58:23.221
eclipse.buildId=I20080617-2000
java.version=1.6.0_10
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -refresh -application
org.eclim.application_headless
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -debug -clean -
refresh -application org.eclim.application_headless

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-11-19 16:58:26.627
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application
"org.eclim.application_headless" could not be found in the registry.
The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner,
org.eclipse.equinox.app.error,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator.EclipseGenerator,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application,
org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication,
org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication,
org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench,
org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate,
org.eclipse.update.core.siteOptimizer.
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp
(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run
(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication
(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start
(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

And eclimd does not start -
Can you please help ?

On Nov 18, 4:21 pm, xigamy <xig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much Eric! Now i can use eclim!
>
> --
> xigamy
>
> On Nov 18, 4:12 pm, "Eric Van Dewoestine" <ervan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:29 AM, xigamy <xig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I am absolutely new to eclim. I like the idea of having eclipse
> > > features in vim, especially the code completion. However, i
> > > encountered problems with starting eclim. I followed all installation
> > > instructions. Thats executing the exe for windows.
> > > My environment is: Java 6 Update 10, Eclipse 3.4.1 and Vim 7.2
> > > When i execute eclim.bat in the eclipse plugins directory, i get this
> > > message:
> > >   D:\program_files\eclipse_3.4.1\plugins\org.eclim_1.4.3\bin>eclim
> > >   connect: No error
> > > And when i execute :PingEclim in Vim i get this message:
> > >   unable to connect toeclimd- connect: no error
> > > What is wrong, or what can i do to find out more about this problem?
> > > In the log directory i can only find a .keep file but no logs.
>
> > You first need to starteclimd(note the 'd', vs just 'eclim'):

Eric Van Dewoestine

Nov 20, 2008, 11:15:01 PM11/20/08
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:07 AM, vbg <vinaya...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had the same issue, I tried to run eclimd.bat I get the following
> error

> !MESSAGE Application error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Application
> "org.eclim.application_headless" could not be found in the registry.

Unfortunately, I don't know what causes this. Occasionally eclipse
just doesn't recognize the new application that eclim registers. My
only advice is to try installing eclim again, perhaps on a fresh
eclipse install if your existing install refuses to acknowledge the
eclim app.

--
eric

xigamy

Nov 23, 2008, 2:20:43 PM11/23/08
to eclim-user
On Nov 21, 5:15 am, "Eric Van Dewoestine" <ervan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Did that solve your issue?
If not, you could try a newer Eclipse Version.
Everything works fine for me with:
Eclipse SDK
Version: 3.4.1
Build id: M20080911-1700