Invalid thread

Brendon

Feb 15, 2009, 10:18:03 PM2/15/09
to eclim-user
I get this error after trying to after typing c-x c-u.
This is a clean install of pdt2 all in one bundle. I'm running leopard
10.5.6, i've tried this in vim and macvim with the same error.
EclimValidate reports no errors.

/Applications/eclipse/plugins/org.eclim_1.4.4/bin/eclim -command
php_complete -p "LMS_Trunk" -f "vanco.php" -o 7 -e utf-8
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3777)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3695)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3666)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:681)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:263)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:254)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:207)
at org.eclim.eclipse.EclimPlugin.getShell(EclimPlugin.java:97)
at org.eclim.eclipse.ui.EclimEditorSite.<init>(EclimEditorSite.java:
53)
at
org.eclim.plugin.pdt.command.complete.CodeCompleteCommand.getContentAssistProcessor
(CodeCompleteCommand.java:99)
at org.eclim.command.complete.AbstractCodeCompleteCommand.execute
(AbstractCodeCompleteCommand.java:55)
at org.eclim.command.Main.main(Main.java:89)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.martiansoftware.nailgun.NGSession.run(NGSession.java:324)

Eric Van Dewoestine

Feb 16, 2009, 1:32:42 AM2/16/09
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Brendon <brend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I get this error after trying to after typing c-x c-u.
> This is a clean install of pdt2 all in one bundle. I'm running leopard
> 10.5.6, i've tried this in vim and macvim with the same error.
> EclimValidate reports no errors.
>
> /Applications/eclipse/plugins/org.eclim_1.4.4/bin/eclim -command
> php_complete -p "LMS_Trunk" -f "vanco.php" -o 7 -e utf-8
> org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access

Thank you for the error report. I fixed this on the svn trunk. This
also affected and code completion handled by wst (html, css, xsd,
wsdl, etc.) when invoked inside of the headed eclimd instance.

--
eric

Brendon

Feb 16, 2009, 10:32:53 AM2/16/09
to eclim-user
is there a howto/guide to build eclim from source? Or is the next
release coming up? Thanks
--Brendon

Eric Van Dewoestine

Feb 16, 2009, 11:03:04 AM2/16/09
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Brendon <brend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is there a howto/guide to build eclim from source? Or is the next
> release coming up? Thanks

The next release probably won't be until late march at the very
earliest. As for a guide on building eclim, the first section of the
developer guide[1] has a quick walk through of checking out and
building the source.

[1] http://eclim.sourceforge.net/guides/development.html

--
eric

Brendon

Feb 17, 2009, 2:14:30 PM2/17/09
to eclim-user
that worked great. I'm trying to set this up on my machine at work,
this worked fine at home, but the installer as well as the eclimd says
its can't find java-config or invalid flags. I'm on leopard 10.5.6 and
have java installed, am i missing a package for java? Eclipse runs
just fine, maybe wrong symlink or something? Thanks
--Brendon

Eric Van Dewoestine

Feb 17, 2009, 2:20:17 PM2/17/09
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:14:30AM -0800, Brendon wrote:

> that worked great. I'm trying to set this up on my machine at work,
> this worked fine at home, but the installer as well as the eclimd says
> its can't find java-config or invalid flags. I'm on leopard 10.5.6 and
> have java installed, am i missing a package for java? Eclipse runs
> just fine, maybe wrong symlink or something? Thanks
> --Brendon

What does the following print on your leopard machine?

$ which java-config 2> /dev/null

The install and eclimd scripts use java-config for proper gentoo
support, but my guess is that 'which' on your machine is printing the
'no java-config in ...' message to stdout, instead of printing to
stderr like it should.

--
eric

Brendon

Feb 17, 2009, 2:42:38 PM2/17/09
to eclim-user
[brendonh@ /Applications/eclipse]$ which java-config 2> /dev/null
/usr/bin/java-config
[brendonh@ /Applications/eclipse]$

Eric Van Dewoestine

Feb 17, 2009, 2:59:30 PM2/17/09
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:42:38AM -0800, Brendon wrote:

> [brendonh@ /Applications/eclipse]$ which java-config 2> /dev/null
> /usr/bin/java-config
> [brendonh@ /Applications/eclipse]$

Ok, that was unexpected. What is the purpose of that app on the mac?
Does it have a man page or help?

$ man java-config
$ java-config -?

--
eric

Brendon

Feb 17, 2009, 6:26:55 PM2/17/09
to eclim-user
there wasn't an entry for java-config but there was for javaconfig.

NAME
javaconfig -- get Java configuration information

SYNOPSIS
javaconfig [-vendor] key [key ...]

DESCRIPTION
This tool is used to retrieve configuration data about the
location of Java-related files, for building or running Java
projects. The value for the specified key or
keys is printed to stdout, with any environment variables such as
$HOME expanded.

The information is searched for in the following locations, in
this order:

1. vendor-specific information in JavaConfiguration user domain

2. non-vendor-specific information in JavaConfiguration user
domain

3. vendor-specific information in /System/Library/Java/
JavaConfig.plist

4. non-vendor-specific information in /System/Library/Java/
JavaConfig.plist

The default vendor on Mac OS X is "apple". A different vendor
can be specified with a -vendor flag.

Typical use of this tool is: javaconfig DefaultClasspath

FILES
/System/Library/Java/JavaConfig.plist System-wide Java
configuration information.

--Brendon

Brendon

Feb 19, 2009, 8:40:49 PM2/19/09
to eclim-user
all is fixed now, seems my eclipse install was messed up and i had to
correct a couple of symlinks. Everything works great, just one
unrelated question. What vim theme are you using in the screenshot on
the home page, thanks
http://eclim.sourceforge.net/_images/use_cases.png

--Brendon

Eric Van Dewoestine

Feb 21, 2009, 4:35:02 PM2/21/09
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Brendon <brend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> all is fixed now, seems my eclipse install was messed up and i had to
> correct a couple of symlinks. Everything works great,

Very good to hear. Thank you for the update.

> just one
> unrelated question. What vim theme are you using in the screenshot on
> the home page, thanks
> http://eclim.sourceforge.net/_images/use_cases.png

The colorscheme is actually a custom one based initially on darkdot.
The console portion of it depends on some tweaks in my .Xdefaults.
The gui colors however should be portable, though I haven't tried it
outside of my linux machine.

The colorsheme is attached if you're interested in giving it a go.

--
eric

ervandew.vim