Error when starting eclim

Desial

Mar 18, 2010, 5:58:15 PM3/18/10
to eclim-user
Hi All,

I have been playing around with Vim and am having a few issues getting
eclim up and running and am wondering if I could get some assistance?

So I went to the eclim website and made sure I met all the pre-
requisites...check.

I downloaded the eclim installer, and installed everything ok (I got
confirmation from the installer that my system met all pre-
requisites). Now I want to run Vim as my primary editor and have
eclipse in headless mode. So I then go to start up eclim by running
eclimd and eclim starts......waiting, waiting ... then crashes and
tells me to check my eclipse log which reads.....

!SESSION 2010-03-18 20:43:16.336
eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_AU
Framework arguments: -refresh -application
org.eclim.application_headless
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -debug -clean -
refresh -application org.eclim.application_headless

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-03-18 20:43:44.720
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application
"org.eclim.application_headless" could not be found in the registry.
The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner,
org.eclipse.ant.ui.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator.EclipseGenerator,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite.UpdateSitePublisher,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher,
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher,
org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication,
org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication,
org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptBuild,
org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.pde.build.Build,
org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.uitestapplication,
org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.legacytestapplication,
org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.coretestapplication,
org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.coretestapplicationnonmain,
org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.nonuithreadtestapplication,
org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench,
org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate,
org.eclipse.update.core.siteOptimizer,
org.eclipse.equinox.initializer.configInitializer,
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.console.profile.StorageFileEditor,
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.CodeGen, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.JMerger,
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.Generator,
org.eclipse.emf.importer.ecore.Ecore2GenModel,
org.eclipse.emf.importer.java.Java2GenModel,
org.eclipse.emf.importer.rose.Rose2GenModel,
org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter.
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:
242)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:
29)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:
110)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:
79)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
368)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
179)
at
39)
at
25)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2010-03-18 20:43:44.994
!MESSAGE Info: cycle(s) found while stopping bundles:
[[org.mortbay.jetty.server,org.mortbay.management]].

I have found a few people mentoning the same issue but I can not find
a solution. I am relativity new to Linux so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Eric Van Dewoestine

Mar 20, 2010, 9:22:20 PM3/20/10
to eclim...@googlegroups.com

> I have found a few people mentoning the same issue but I can not find
> a solution. I am relativity new to Linux so any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks

What distro are you running (Ubuntu)? How did you install eclipse
(apt-get, archive from eclipse.org)? This particular error is a
difficult one to diagnose, but with a little more info about your
environment I may be able to make some recommendations.

--
eric

Desial

Mar 21, 2010, 7:12:01 PM3/21/10
to eclim-user
Thanks for the response Eric.

I am running ubuntu 9.10. I installed eclipse using ubuntu
tweak...which I am pretty sure is just the same as installing it using
apt-get. So the current eclipse version is Galileo (3.5.1) and my
version of vim is 7.2.245.

Any other info just let me know

Dávid

Apr 13, 2010, 9:13:36 AM4/13/10
to eclim-user
Hi!

I've just tried to run with root privilges and it worked, after i run
with simple user privliges too and it was ok... i wonder what could be
the problem?!

David

Dávid

Apr 13, 2010, 9:05:08 AM4/13/10
to eclim-user
I've the same problem with the same configuration, any update on this?

Eric Van Dewoestine

Apr 13, 2010, 10:20:51 AM4/13/10
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 06:13:36AM -0700, D�vid wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just tried to run with root privilges and it worked, after i run
> with simple user privliges too and it was ok... i wonder what could be
> the problem?!

Interesting, I can't think of any reason that installing as root first
would help.

As far as my progress on fixing the underlying issue, I did spend time
improving the installer to leverage p2 (eclipse's plugin manager) and
to remove any dependence on the deprecated eclipse update manager
(which was throwing an exception for me on ubuntu when simply listing
features). The updated installer continues to work well for me when I
run it against an eclipse installed from eclipse.org distributions,
and it now handles read only eclipse installs properly.

However, when I take that updated installer over to ubuntu I get a
weird error that I have not yet had time to diagnose. Unfortunately,
due to starting a new job recently, my free time has become very
limited so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to dig into this
further.

--
eric

Dávid

Apr 14, 2010, 3:17:30 PM4/14/10
to eclim-user
Probably it was, beacuse i installed eclim with root privilges (after
my second install it wasn't a problem)