Echo JS SDK v3.0.16 released

Valeriy Shkiryak

Jan 14, 2014, 6:41:36 AM1/14/14
to echo...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We are writing to inform you that the 3.0.16 version of the Echo JS SDK was released today. The release contains a set of internal improvements and API machinery updates (including WebSockets transport updates). The latest scripts can be found on our CDN at the following URLs:

http://cdn.echoenabled.com/sdk/v3/

The previous version scripts are available here:

http://cdn.echoenabled.com/sdk/v3.0.15/

Here is the list of main updates performed within this release:

  • StreamServer live updates connection logic was updated and now if WebSockets are enabled, we try to establish a connection using WS first and fall back to Polling if our attempt failed or timed out (within 5 seconds). Previously both Polling and WebSockets were initialized in parallel and Polling got disabled when WS connection is established. This new connection logic is more efficient from both server-side and client-side standpoints.

  • StreamServer live update errors received via WebSockets connection were displayed within a Stream UI (instead of the Stream items). The logic was updated to avoid live update errors rendering in the main UI.

  • While making “POST” requests via Echo.API machinery in IE, a timeout handler was initialized in an incorrect place. As a result, an error callback was still fired even though a request was completed successfully. This problem was resolved to avoid error callbacks from being executed after successful operation completion. The most visible manifestation of this issue was an error popup displayed after successful item submission via a Submit form.

Please let us know if you have questions or faced any issues after the release. We’ll be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Echo Apps team