Echo DataServer - Facebook connector improvements released

Andrew Kushnir

Apr 8, 2014, 11:15:47 AM4/8/14
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm writing to inform you that we've deployed a few DataServer updates to improve Facebook connector functionality:
  • the logic of retrieving Facebook comments was improved to become more fault tolerant while fetching new items over time

  • we implemented hierarchical Facebook comments support. Now if a user replies to a comment, this reply is automatically submitted into Echo StreamServer as a reply to the original comment, preserving hierarchy.

  • we introduced a new configuration parameter for the "Facebook Search" connector to provide an ability to include/exclude "Share" Facebook action submissions to Echo StreamServer. By default this option (called "Shared posts") is turned off, but you can switch it to on using DataServer dashboard UI in AppServer.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.
--
Andrew Kushnir
Echo team