New echoprint-server now available

Brian Whitman

Apr 11, 2016, 4:40:07 PM4/11/16
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, we've open sourced a new version of the Echoprint server on Spotify's github. No more Solr, and much much better performance. We will be keeping the old one around as it's the "reference" implementation. Note this new server does not do the sequence ordering checks so result quality will be affected.

Please use the issue tracker or pull requests for changes / problems. Bear with us as we transition the code over to its new home at Spotify.

Brian

Denko Manceski

Apr 16, 2016, 8:23:40 PM4/16/16
to echoprint, br...@variogr.am
Hi Brian,
Could you please point me to a documentation on how to install new version on echoprint server (windows or ubuntu), and some instructions on how to use it? Most of the documentation is out of date and I am not able to run it. I made echo codegen working but now i need server to send the json somewhere

Thanks in advance

Brian Whitman

Apr 17, 2016, 7:17:49 AM4/17/16
to echo...@googlegroups.com
The new server has not been deployed on Windows yet AFAIK. I'm sure someone can get it to work.
For OS X & Linux the instructions are in the readme. https://github.com/spotify/echoprint-server/blob/master/README.md

Adrian Chitescu

Apr 19, 2016, 10:51:39 AM4/19/16
to echoprint, br...@variogr.am
Is there a limit on number of songs in index or it is only bounded by the available memory, since the index is fully loaded in memory?