Recognizing which second

Piotr Małecki

Mar 13, 2014, 3:32:56 AM3/13/14
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am new in that topic and I have some questions. 1. Can this API return which seconds of whole song are in tested fragment. In other words, in which part of whole song we are.
2. How does look like adding new song to database ?

David DesRoches

Mar 13, 2014, 1:15:27 PM3/13/14
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Piotr,

The song/identify does not indicate the location within the track of the matched segment.

At present there is no facility for adding new songs to the public Echoprint database hosted by The Echo Nest. It is refreshed regularly to represent a top selection of relevant tracks.

Thanks.
David

David DesRoches
Lead Audio Engineer
The Echo Nest

mic...@kimili.com

Mar 20, 2014, 5:22:23 PM3/20/14
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Hi David -

Regarding the inability to pinpoint a timestamp within an identified track - does that hold true for both the Echonest API and the Echoprint self hosted server?

Thanks,
Michael

David DesRoches

Mar 21, 2014, 9:34:06 AM3/21/14
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

Yes -- it's true for Echoprint servers on the whole. Echoprint is not designed to identify the location in a song.

David