Codegen Web Service

MegaMarkHarris

Sep 25, 2012, 9:31:39 AM9/25/12
to echo...@googlegroups.com
I've searched for this, but have not found what I'm looking for. We need to do codegen on the fly and wanted to validate the idea.

We have Flash client->takes in audio stream->must identify audio stream with echoprint server and validate that it's a "correct" audio sample. This is for a game where people can record sounds into the flash client and get special treats from the game.

So the issue is that we need to do codegen on the server with each post from the Flash client. We have an AWS Tomcat stack with an ELB that can add any number of tomcat instances as load increases. I want to avoid throwing a custom AMI into our stack at this point, so that every tomcat server can codegen. Too close to launch.

So I'm going to set up a separate EC2 instance with maybe LAMP, Java, whatever works. Take in a stream from any source over HTTP, run codegen on it, and return the code in JSON for searching in our echoprint server.

So it will go like this:
Flash client->POST audio stream->MyCodGenServer->save audio stream as file->run codegen on file->return JSON with code->Flash client uses code to search our own Echoprint server in separate request.

I can, of course do all of this, but was curious if anyone has yet.

Thanks!

Thanapoom Chareonsiri

Oct 3, 2014, 4:09:34 AM10/3/14
to echo...@googlegroups.com, ma...@hideandseek.net
Hi,

It's been a while but curious how that went. It sounds really exciting to me.
I want to build something similar too, like a Shazam desktop web client that it keeps recording what a user is listening to, and identify what music it is. we don't want users to install anything so we are thinking flash client on the web.

Fred

Jan 29, 2015, 6:48:55 PM1/29/15
to echo...@googlegroups.com, ma...@hideandseek.net
Did you had any sucess on this? I am looking for the same, just like midomi.com

But embedable on our website.
THank you!