Compare Audio Files

John La Grou

Jan 17, 2015, 11:53:58 AM1/17/15
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but perhaps someone knows the answer.

I'm looking for an application (ideally for Windows) that simply compares two audio files (of same file type, format, sample rate, etc.), and determines if they are bit-identical, or not. Pass / Fail.

I need to test audio engines (DAWs, etc.) for bit stability. That is, I need to see if audio engines are bit-stable when when simply recording / storing, and then re-saving or playing, audio files./

The key is that the app must be able to work with 32-bit integer files, such as WAV or AIF or RF64, which have a true 32-bit integer format option.

If no such app exists, does anyone here want a project?

Thanks so much,
JL