Build error: mvn package - No such file or directory

Saulius

Jun 29, 2011, 10:03:36 AM6/29/11
to Ebean ORM
Hi all,

Sorry for a long time no answer - I could not wait any longer so I
moved to my other tasks. Anyway I am ready to continue migrating to
Ebean further now.

So I need to compile the latest version of Ebean myself. What I need
is a jar file. I've checked out the trunk and tried running: mvn
package, but it fails with error. I should not that I am not a keen
maven user, I'm not even sure if 'package' instruction is what I need.

This is all run on Ubuntu 10.04. Here'is what I get:

saulius@dev:~/src/ebean/trunk$ mvn -e package
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Ebean
[INFO] task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
[INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: enforce-maven}]
[INFO] [build-helper:add-source {execution: add-source}]
[INFO] Source directory: /home/cerberus/src/ebean/trunk/src/jdk_1.5/
java added.
[INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 2 resources
[INFO] [compiler:compile {execution: default-compile}]
[INFO] Compiling 1050 source files to /home/cerberus/src/ebean/trunk/
target/classes
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Fatal error compiling

Embedded error: Error while executing the external compiler.
java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Fatal error
compiling
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
719)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
556)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
535)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
387)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
348)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
180)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
328)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:
138)
at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:
60)
at
39)
at
25)
at
at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Fatal error
compiling
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:
498)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:114)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
490)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
694)
... 17 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.CompilerException: Error while
executing the external compiler.
at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.compileOutOfProcess(JavacCompiler.java:
343)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.compile(JavacCompiler.java:
137)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:
493)
... 20 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineException: Error
while executing process.
at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.Commandline.execute(Commandline.java:679)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils.executeCommandLine(CommandLineUtils.java:
69)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils.executeCommandLine(CommandLineUtils.java:
56)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.compileOutOfProcess(JavacCompiler.java:
337)
... 22 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "null/bin/
javac" (in directory "/home/cerberus/src/ebean/trunk"):
java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:460)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.Commandline.execute(Commandline.java:674)
... 25 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such
file or directory
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:453)
... 27 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jun 29 16:25:18 EEST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 23M/172M
[INFO]

edge

Jun 29, 2011, 1:35:52 PM6/29/11
to Ebean ORM
>Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "null/bin/
>javac" (in directory "/home/cerberus/src/ebean/trunk"):

looks like maven can't run javac - is it setup properly? path etc? can
you run javac from the terminal
BTW I we are still on jdk1.5 - you can build jdk1.6 but you need to
change your settings.xml - that's described here in some thread as far
as I remember

To build use
mvn clean install
To skip the tests add -DskipTests=true