Enhancement tips

Daryl Stultz

Jan 3, 2012, 12:25:45 PM1/3/12
to Ebean ORM
Hello,

I'm experimenting with both Eclipse plugin enhancement and Ant build
enhancement. I have an abstract entity super class and an entity sub
class. When I do a clean/compile/enhance there is no problem. If I
then edit the super class and compile/enhance, no problem. But if I
edit the sub class and compile/edit I get this:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Repetitive method name/signature in class
file com/model/MyEntity
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:
124)

I also get this warning in Eclipse on the sub class:

The type Holiday must implement the inherited abstract method
EntityBean._ebean_setFieldIntercept(int, Object, Object)

Is there a better pattern for super/sub class edit/compile/enhance?
Ideally I'd like to have my super class in a shared library/jar file.
This approach didn't work, the super class has to be enhanced (or I
get the "no mix" error) and once it is I get the "Repetitive" error.
Also would like to avoid having to clean/build every time I edit an
entity class.

Thanks.

/Daryl