iframe fullscreen api

Greg Kass

Sep 27, 2013, 12:26:25 PM9/27/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I need to set up an easyXDM with an iframe that contains a video that the user can select to go into fullscreen mode (browser API).  When I try to include any of the necessary attributes; allowfullscreen, webkitallowfullscreen, mozfullscreen="true" in "props", none of these attributes are included in the iframe.

Brian Merritt

Jan 31, 2014, 5:28:30 AM1/31/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hey Greg

What video player are you using?

By downloading .mp4 and .webm I invoke the browser's inbuilt video player, and by default I can switch to full screen.  Alternatively you can access the browser video controls with javascript and do the same.  Support for legacy browsers needs to be built in, which may not support full screen.

ps - someone more easyXDM aware than me may be able to point you to a better solution.  Have you for example looked at re-writing the attributes via the intermediate.html page?