Video Freezes for few second

Francesco Durighetto

Aug 21, 2015, 6:08:50 AM8/21/15
to EasyRTC
Hi,
we're experiencing a new issue that never happened before.
in june we added the screensharing in our code, calling closemediastream() and doing the easyrtc.initmediasource() another time with new constraints for the screenshare.

everything worked and works fine, except that now after some times after enabling the screenshare, the video freezes, it remains frozen for about a minute and then it become fluid again.
inspecting chrome://webrtc-internals and a plugin installed onto my mac, i can see the packets being sent and received from the other pc.
it means the stream is being passed, but not properly displayed.
the audio still works.

Do you ave any suggestion? we also tried old version of chrome but the problem persist.
note: we never changed the code and it worked flawlessly since a month ago.
we are also using Xirsys as turn/stun server provider.

thanks.

Eric Davies

Aug 21, 2015, 1:41:26 PM8/21/15
to EasyRTC
The first thing I would try is trying to capture a small window (approximately 640x480) to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't appear with a small window size, that's your clue that it's the number of pixels that is the problem. I would also look at what apps are running on your computer when screenshare fails, and when it doesn't. Beyond that, you may want to try asking on the webrtc discussion group.