EasyRTC crash recovery - Client Side disconnects

Yossi

Oct 19, 2015, 7:56:15 AM10/19/15
to EasyRTC
Hey,

Sometimes my client experiences crashes over real-world usage with multiple clients.
That's why I use forever to restore it, quite successfully.

The problem is that once the connection with EasyRTC dies, I disconnect from the P2P connection I currently have.
If I restart the service - The connection is restored.

I'd like to keep the P2P video running when the server restarts itself - is that possible?
Even with modifying the code a little bit :)

In order to test that I just stop the server without forever and restart it.

Thanks a lot!

Angel Todorov

Oct 19, 2015, 10:20:11 AM10/19/15
to EasyRTC
Hi Yossi,
I think you case is more or less related to my inquiry here - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/easyrtc/ZT3USHgDZso
If you try this with most of easyrtc samples, you will see that when connection to the server is restored, if you have persistent session, the socket will restore connection & will join the room again. So if your calling logic is inside roomOccupantListener, it will re-call to all participants and P2P will be recovered successfully.
Unfortunately in my case, after re-connection, the process stops at "onConnect" even.

Hopefully Eric will help us to find your way back to the room(s) :-)