the command "sudo start easyrtc". he give eguinte error: start: Unknown job: easyrtc

Jordan Martins

May 20, 2015, 8:07:59 PM5/20/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I'm a serious problme. EasyRTC installed the server, which is running very well. Congratulations! However it is only active enquando I'm with SSH conecetado. If I desconecer SSH, EasyRTC falls.

I believe this happens because I'm starting it with "node server.js".
Already installed script "/etc/init/easyrtc.conf" however when I give the command "sudo start easyrtc". he give eguinte error: start: Unknown job: easyrtc

Anyone out there can help me? Please!

Since ja, I am very grateful.
error_ssh.jpg

Eric Davies

May 21, 2015, 12:04:53 AM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to guess there is something screwy in your easyrtc.conf file. Unix shells can choke if you create a script in windows and then move it to linux but don't translate the carriage returns properly.
Paste (not type) the following commands into a terminal window and paste their output into a follow up message.
  uname -a
  ls -l /etc/init
  echo ====
  cat /etc/init/easyrtc.conf
  echo ====
  od -c /etc/init/easyrtc.conf

Jordan Martins

May 21, 2015, 12:59:37 PM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friend,

I ran the command vc gently pasou, but not solved ... I took a print on the screen to show you .. is attached.
error2_ssh.jpg

Eric Davies

May 21, 2015, 1:15:28 PM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jordan,

those commands weren't intended to fix anything, just to produce output so I could be sure of the problem.
If you take a look at the output of the od command, you'll see   \r \n pairs. That's the windows style carriage returns.

to fix it

   cd /etc/

Eric Davies

May 21, 2015, 1:18:05 PM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
sorry, touchpad goofed up.

to fix the problem,

    cd /etc/init/
    tr '\r' '\n' < easyrtc.conf > sometext
   mv sometext easyrtc.conf

Jordan Martins

May 21, 2015, 1:27:59 PM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friend,

now worsened once ... it stopped once the server EasyRTC
error3_ssh.jpg

Eric Davies

May 21, 2015, 1:54:54 PM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
you can't do the
   node server.js
because the server.js is not in your current directory /etc/init

send me your easyrtc.conf as an attachment and I'll see what I can spot.

Jordan Martins

May 21, 2015, 2:12:24 PM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
uninstalled and installed EasyRTC and he returned to work with the same defect that originated the request for help. Follows the server.js attached
server.js

Eric Davies

May 22, 2015, 9:58:41 AM5/22/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
See previous note: send your easyrtc.conf.

Jordan Martins

May 22, 2015, 10:06:54 AM5/22/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Forgive me. I eentendi wrong. follows the correct file
easyrtc.conf

phi...@free.fr

Sep 11, 2015, 5:41:35 AM9/11/15
to EasyRTC
Hi

have you find the solution, I have the same pb

thanks

Jordan Martins

Oct 6, 2015, 12:55:08 PM10/6/15
to EasyRTC
No friend, I found the solution .. continue with the same problem today. until I switched to Ubuntu, but nothing decided.
And You, found the solution?

Jordan Martins

Oct 6, 2015, 1:24:51 PM10/6/15
to EasyRTC
Friend, just solve the problem. After much reading on the net, ask for help and etc .. Everyone said:
The problem is in the "easyrtc.conf".

Now I decided to give a crazy and pulled out the first two lines of easyrtc.conf.

these:
description "EasyRTC Node.js server"
author "Priologic Software Inc."

Ready ran perfectly and restarted with the server boot.

Note:
Before taking these lines, follow the suggestions (see instructions above) Eric.