Bug in new Firefox 37 for setRemoteDescription

Xavier De Snoeck

Apr 14, 2015, 8:41:07 AM4/14/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I think something changed in the behavior of Firefox with version 37.0.1.
Indeed, it seems that for setRemoteDescription (that's the function I saw but maybe there are others), FF now waits exactly the 3 parameters (sdp, successCallback and errorCallback).

In easyrtc.js, there are some places (2 exactly : processAnswer and addedMediaStream) where the errorCallback is missing and it causes an error for exemple in the processAnswer, so for a simple call.

Do you confirm this behavior and this modification in FF ? Some fix in the beta branch ?

Thanks

Xavier

Eric Davies

Apr 14, 2015, 11:06:29 AM4/14/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
You are using an older version of the master branch. That was fixed in the development branch ages ago, and moved to the master branch two months ago.

Xavier De Snoeck

Apr 14, 2015, 11:42:30 AM4/14/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for that.
In fact I was using the beta branch that seemed to be more up-to-date with new features and responses to issues.
In this branch, there is still the problem on setRemoteDescription...

Xavier

Eric Davies

Apr 16, 2015, 2:17:55 AM4/16/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Actually, the apology is mine. If it's in the master branch, it should be in the develop branch. A merge went amuck. I'll fix that over the weekend.

david....@i2cat.net

Apr 29, 2015, 9:33:42 AM4/29/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hello Eric.

I'm trying to use easyrtc.js client with version 1.0.13 and when the call is from Firefox 37.0.1 in a Windows8 or MAC OS, the result is always an unknown error with Mandatory/optional in createOffer options is deprecated!....
You can obtain the same behaviour in the easyrtc demos published. For example in demo http://demo.easyrtc.com/demos/demo_audio_video.html

Thanks.