[SDK IOS] Problem with Xcode 7.0.1

BACHELET Antoine

Oct 16, 2015, 5:24:49 AM10/16/15
to EasyRTC
Hi,

I've got a problem with Xcode 7.0.1 and EasyRTC SDK v2.0r003, build failed with this error:

--------------------------------------

libEasyRTC.a(EasyRTCClient.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture arm64

Is there a new release solving this problem or is there any configuration to set to solve this error ?
Thks

Antoine

Eric Davies

Oct 16, 2015, 6:22:39 PM10/16/15
to EasyRTC
To the best of my knowledge, the underlying webrtc library doesn't support bitcode (somebody asked on the discuss-webrtc group on Oct 6, no responses). It used to be the case that some of the encoders and decoders had embedded assembler so they could take advantage of specific machine instructions. Unless that has changed, it would be hard for Google to support bitcode.

However, the workaround is to go into your project build settings, find the "Build options" block of settings, and set "Enable bitcode" to No.