It is a defect serverEasyRTC fall all the time, or is configuration issue?

Jordan Martins

Oct 5, 2015, 8:45:49 AM10/5/15
to EasyRTC
Hello people!

EasyRTC installed the new dedicated Linux - Ubuntu,
ta running almost straight, excerpt because it falls alone and does not restart.

Installed .conf "/etc/init/easyrtc.conf" as instructed in DOCS however it does not start with the command "sudo start easyrtc". Lembrandoq ue am ROOT users.
When I give the command Hello people!

 EasyRTC installed the new dedicated Linux - Ubuntu,
 ta running almost straight, excerpt because it falls alone and does not restart.

 Installed conf "/etc/init/easyrtc.conf" instructed in the DOCS However it does not start with the command "sudo start easyrtc". Lembrandoq ue am ROOT users.
 When I give the command "Hello people!

 EasyRTC installed the new dedicated Linux - Ubuntu,
 ta running almost straight, excerpt because it falls alone and does not restart.

 Installed conf "/etc/init/easyrtc.conf" instructed in the DOCS However it does not start with the command "sudo start easyrtc". Lembrandoq ue am ROOT users.
 When I give the command ... "he returns with:
root@server:~# sudo start easyrtc
easyrtc start/running, process 582
root @ server: ~ #

I went to see the logs on: /var/log/upstart/easyrtc.log
see this:
/proc/self/fd/9: 3: exec/usr/bin/ node:Permission denied

Ie have someone denying the automatic execution.

Here comes the question?
Where is my problem and how can I solve this?

Already I desisntalei and resinstalei all over again. However the problem remains.
I spoke to the server staff, they said that's OK with Ubuntu settings.

Can anyone help me?
It is normal the EasyRTC fall all the time?
It is a defect serverEasyRTC fall all the time, or is configuration issue?

Please help me...

Eric Davies

Oct 5, 2015, 10:33:04 AM10/5/15
to EasyRTC
Things to check:
   1) are you actually running the node program you think you are.
      Try adding the line
                   node -v
      to your start up script so you can verify that you aren't running some other command that happens to be called "node".

  2) Make sure that the directory where you are keeping easyrtc scripts is readable (and the directories executable) by the process that is actually executing your start script.
     You could do this by adding the line to your start up script
                         cat path_to_some_file_in_the_easyrtc_scripts

  3) Verify that the current directory is correct. If your start script has a line like
                        node server.js
    and the current directory isn't where the server.js is, of course things  are going fail.
   Check this by adding the line to your script.
                           ls -l server.js
   If that is the problem, then the solution is add a line (before your node server.js) that reads
                     cd path_to_your_server.js

None of this has anything to do with easyrtc. It's basic system administration.

Note: anything in italics is not a literal, its something that you replace with contents unique to your environment.

Jordan Martins

Oct 6, 2015, 4:34:47 PM10/6/15
to EasyRTC
Oops,
Problem solved ... I sent format Ubuntu, and installed everything again, carefully.
Finally, I had to aletarar the easyrtc.conf because the original gave other type of error.
Thank you Eric!