Camera Error

ledomin...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 2:34:42 AM7/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I'm using easyrtc for building conference chat but some camera (camera of smart phone and some laptops) didn't work although they have connected to the room(they show up with normal screen but can't see the callee's screen and even the audio has problem). Please help me solve this problem!

Eric Davies

Jul 21, 2015, 10:11:07 AM7/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
First check: have you tried the demo site demo.easyrtc.com to see if they work for you?
Are you using a webrtc supporting browser (chrome/firefox/opera)?
Have you tried hooking a webcam onto your laptop to see if its a browser problem or a built-in camera problem?

The most common problem is that the user didn't give the browser permission to use the camera/microphone once for  your site, and the browser remembers this.
On the righthand side of your browser's URL bar, there will be a camera icon. If the camera is disallowed, it will have a red bar through it, which you can then click to allow the camera.