Web Broadcast

Albert Lawer

Oct 1, 2015, 6:53:37 AM10/1/15
to EasyRTC
I am new to the video conferencing world. A university wants to have a broadcast portion on their website and have 150 students log in and watch(Teacher to students). I am confused on how to go about it. Cannot find easyRTC support any where

Eric Davies

Oct 1, 2015, 11:05:21 AM10/1/15
to EasyRTC
EasyRTC is not the solution to the problem you are trying to solve. The pure P2P model doesn't work that well for high fan-out.

What you are looking for is called a "Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)" or a "Media Server". If you search in this group, you'll find references to free ones and licensed ones.