ICE failed, see about:webrtc for more details

王一

Aug 18, 2015, 12:27:28 PM8/18/15
to EasyRTC
Hi Eric.

I met a problem using EasyRTC,
1, When I open Video, It shows me 'ICE failed, see about:webrtc for more details' . I don't know why show this problem, sometime it works well.
2, It's shows me 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'srcObject' of null' when other enters mine room.

Thank you very much.

Eric Davies

Aug 18, 2015, 6:59:11 PM8/18/15
to EasyRTC
that message would tend to suggest you are trying to set the srcObject of a video object, but you haven't got a video object, you got null instead.
without greater context context (is this happening in your own app or one of ours, line number), I can't render a more useful diagnosis.

王一

Aug 18, 2015, 9:33:24 PM8/18/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
thank you for your reply

Why I get error:'ICE failed, see about:webrtc for more details' always.

Eric Davies

Aug 19, 2015, 12:26:32 AM8/19/15
to EasyRTC
Ah, sorry, I missed the part about the ice failure.

I believe you would typically get an ice failure if webrtc couldn't establish a path between two clients.
The standard order of checks is:
  1. can you establish a connection between two clients running on the same computer (different browser tabs for example)
  2. can you establish a connection between two computers on the same subnet
  3. can you establish a connection a connection between two computers in different subnets.
The first two should always be possible. The third relies can rely on STUN servers and TURN servers. STUN servers poke holes in routers to allow peer-to-peer, but some routers/firewalls don't allow that. TURN servers are a fall back, they are packet relay services, proxies that get used when peer to peer won't work. We ship with a few default stun servers listed, but you are on your own for TURN servers. There is open source turn server software out there, as well as costs-money turn services you can rent. See http://easyrtc.com/docs/guides/easyrtc_server_ice.php

王一

Aug 20, 2015, 1:41:40 AM8/20/15
to EasyRTC
Thank you very much

王一

Aug 26, 2015, 4:01:27 AM8/26/15
to EasyRTC
Hi Eric

To resolved the Error of 'ICE failed' , We had installed a STUN server, Of course find more free STUN server for testing.
But always encounter 'ICE'. the detail is:
  • A , B, C are in different city.   B & C is Geographically close to some
  • A & B use the same service of NSP(network service provider ), and C use others (different with A & B).
  • A videos with B  works well,
  • B videos with C works well too.
But When A videos C, the demon ICE shows.

TO the problem, I have no idea about it. Could you please give me some idea?
Thank you very much.