EasyB plugin in Eclipse Spring Tool Suite (STS)

soda

Jan 29, 2010, 4:18:18 AM1/29/10
to Easyb Users
has anyone got the plugin to work in STS ? I have groovy eclipse
installed and I have installed the easyb plugin. I have written a
easyb test but im not sure exactly how the plugin is supposed to help
me to run it. Im not sure if the plugin has installed properly or
not.

I was expecting to be able to right click the file and see a 'Run As -
easyb test' or something, but no

what am i supposed to see /do ?

any help is great
thanks

Andrew Glover

Jan 30, 2010, 7:20:44 AM1/30/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I haven't used the STS plugin yet; however, I did notice that someone got this working -- http://twitter.com/summitbid/statuses/8376523574 -- what version of Eclipse are you using and on what platform? I have noticed issues w/Eclipse and mac; however, at a client site where I'm forced to use Windows, I can use the Eclipse plugin w/out issue (but I'm not using STS)....

Sincerely,

Andrew Glover
703.577.0830 (cell)

Andrew Eisenberg

Jan 30, 2010, 4:49:03 PM1/30/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
The EasyB plugin requires Java 6, which is often not set as default on
Mac. This could be the problem that you are seeing.

To avoid this problem, would it be possible to ensure that the next
version of the plugin is Java 5 compatible?

EddyTheJekyll

Jan 30, 2010, 4:38:52 PM1/30/10
to Easyb Users
I got the easyb plugin to work but I had to download the Spring STS
bundle to install it-I was unable to install the groovy-eclipse 2.0
plugin to install in my plain vanilla eclipse 3.5 download.

The easyb eclipse plugin + STS Eclipse version works very well (so
far), though I'm just starting to learn easyb and experiment with it
all.

Ed

On Jan 30, 5:20 am, Andrew Glover <ajglo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! I haven't used the STS plugin yet; however, I did notice that someone

> got this working --http://twitter.com/summitbid/statuses/8376523574-- what

> version of Eclipse are you using and on what platform? I have noticed issues
> w/Eclipse and mac; however, at a client site where I'm forced to use
> Windows, I can use the Eclipse plugin w/out issue (but I'm not using
> STS)....
>

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 4:18 AM, soda <emmettwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > has anyone got the plugin to work in STS ?  I have groovy eclipse
> > installed and I have installed the easyb plugin. I have written a
> > easyb test but im not sure exactly how the plugin is supposed to help
> > me to run it. Im not sure if the plugin has installed properly or
> > not.
>
> > I was expecting to be able to right click the file and see a 'Run As -
> > easyb test' or something, but no
>
> > what am i supposed to see /do ?
>
> > any help is great
> > thanks

Ed Young

Jan 30, 2010, 5:49:54 PM1/30/10
to Easyb Users
Whoa, it didn't take long for me to hit a wall. My easyb script won't
resolve any of my classes, despite my putting the easyb story in the
same package as the classes I want to write the "story" about. It does
resolve ArrayList...

I'm writing a Grails app and wanted to start experimenting with
easyb, so I installed STS and the easyb plugin
I created a new story in the same package as the domain classes, with
nothing except the scenario, given, when, then closures...and an
ArrayList.

package com.foo.mdta
scenario "Want to test easyb in grails",{
given "nothing in particular",{
al = new ArrayList()
al.add "string here"
println al

}

when "etc...", {
}

then "and the rest", {
}
}

I ran it successfully.

Now I want to instantiate some classes:
package com.foo.mdta
scenario "Want to test easyb in grails",{
given "nothing in particular",{
al = new ArrayList()
al.add "string here"
println al
ch = new ChannelMap()
}

when "etc...", {
}

then "and the rest", {
}
}

It fails with:
Running test easy b story (TestEasyB.story)
There was an error running your easyb story or specification
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException:
startup failed, C:\development\workspace-sts\mdta-rf-
tuning-0299\grails-app\domain\com\foo\mdta\TestEasyB.story: 7: unable
to resolve class ChannelMap
@ line 7, column 8.
1 error

at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors
(ErrorCollector.java:296)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToSourceUnits
(CompilationUnit.java:835)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation
(CompilationUnit.java:513)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.processPhaseOperations
(CompilationUnit.java:489)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile
(CompilationUnit.java:466)
at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:
279)

Note that ChannelMap is a class defined in com.foo.mdta.

I must be misunderstanding something fundamental.

soda

Jan 31, 2010, 2:18:34 AM1/31/10
to Easyb Users
what menu has the easyb option ?
I cant seem to find any easy b option after I install the plugin,
maybe im looking in the wrong place - can you advise on how yo use the
plugin after installation

thanks

Andrew Glover

Jan 31, 2010, 9:15:41 AM1/31/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
If things are working correctly, you should see a "Run As" option; for instance, I usually right click on a behavior and select the "Run As Behavior" option.

Andrew Eisenberg

Jan 31, 2010, 12:00:46 PM1/31/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
What version of the JRE/JDK is your Eclipse running in?

As I mentioend earlier, it must be 6.0+. Anything less and the EasyB
plugin will not run. You will not see anything under "Run As", or
anywhere else. My guess is that this is your problem.

--a