easyb IntelliJ plugin

Jeremy Anderson

Dec 13, 2008, 12:22:45 PM12/13/08
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to run some specifications using the IntelliJ plugin, but I don't see any way to tell IntelliJ to run them as easyb tests.  I've tried just running them and that doesn't work either.  Anyone else able to use the 0.9 version of the plugin with IntelliJ 8.0.1?

Regards,
Jeremy

Rod

Dec 14, 2008, 9:48:08 AM12/14/08
to Easyb Users
Hi Jeremy,

I just checked and it does look like the changes to the plugin API
made in version 8.0.x of IntelliJ broke the plugin. I'm currently
working to migrate the code and hope to have a new release out fairly
quickly.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Rod

On Dec 13, 11:22 am, "Jeremy Anderson" <jeremy.d.ander...@gmail.com>

Jeremy Anderson

Dec 17, 2008, 8:23:44 AM12/17/08
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Just tried out the new plugin this morning and it seems to be working again, mostly.  Whenever I attempt to add a narrative to the story, it fails.

Here's the sample story, copied from your blog posting:

description 'frequent flyer accumulates miles for segments completed'

narrative {
    as_a 'frequent flyer'
    i_want 'to accumulate miles for each segment I fly'
    so_that 'I can receive tangible rewards for my loyalty to the airline'
}

scenario 'straight points for a segment', {
    given 'a frequent flyer with a rewards balance of 1000 points'
    when 'the flyer completes a segment worth 750 points'
    then 'the flyer should have a new rewards balance of 1750 points'
}

and here's the stack trace:

groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: org.disco.easyb.BehaviorStep(org.disco.easyb.util.BehaviorStepType, Script1$_run_closure1)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeConstructor(MetaClassImpl.java:1273)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeConstructor(MetaClassImpl.java:1185)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeConstructorOf(InvokerHelper.java:809)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeNewN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:230)
    at org.disco.easyb.BehaviorStepStack.startStep(BehaviorStepStack.groovy:7)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86)
    at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:912)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:756)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePogoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:778)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:758)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:170)
    at org.disco.easyb.BehaviorKeywords.narrative(BehaviorKeywords.groovy:17)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86)
    at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:912)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:756)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePogoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:778)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:758)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:170)
    at org.disco.easyb.StoryBinding$_closure10.doCall(StoryBinding.groovy:51)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86)
    at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:248)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrentN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:78)
    at org.disco.easyb.StoryBinding$_closure10.doCall(StoryBinding.groovy)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86)
    at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:248)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:756)
    at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:292)
    at groovy.lang.Script.invokeMethod(Script.java:87)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrentN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)
    at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:3)
    at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:543)
    at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:518)
    at org.disco.easyb.domain.Story.execute(Story.java:30)
    at org.disco.easyb.BehaviorRunner.runBehavior(BehaviorRunner.java:75)
    at org.easyb.plugin.remoting.RemoteRunner.main(RemoteRunner.java:25)

Process finished with exit code 0

Andrew Glover

Dec 17, 2008, 7:43:46 PM12/17/08
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Try putting a String description for your narrative -- narrative "description", {}.
--
Sincerely,

Andrew Glover
703.577.0830 (cell)

Jeremy Anderson

Dec 18, 2008, 9:15:04 AM12/18/08
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful, that did it.  Thanks again.

Rod

Dec 18, 2008, 9:57:29 AM12/18/08
to Easyb Users
Hey Andy,

I added a step name for narrative and it worked. What do you think
about overloading the constructor of BehaviorStep to support un-named
steps? It doesn't make intuitive sense for a narrative to have a
descriptive name.

Jeremy,

I'll take a look in the next day or two into making sure that the
plugin handles this error better.

Cheers,

Rod

Josh Brown

Jan 14, 2009, 8:36:23 PM1/14/09
to Easyb Users
Attempted to post this before, but it's not showing up - sorry if this
gets duplicated.

I'm having a problem with easyb plugin 0.9.1 with IntelliJ 8.0.1.
When I right-click on any directory in my project, a message pops up
saying "IDE internal error occurred." If I open the error dialog,
there's a lovely NullPointerException. Should I post the stack trace
here?

Josh
> [...]
> > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3 9)
> > >     at
> > > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp l.java:25)
> > >     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> > >     at
> > > org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86)
> > >     at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
> > >     at
> > > org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(Closure MetaClass.java:248)
> > >     at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:756)
> > >     at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:292)
> > >     at groovy.lang.Script.invokeMethod(Script.java:87)
> > >     at
> > > org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrentN(Sc riptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)

Josh Brown

Jan 14, 2009, 8:31:02 PM1/14/09
to Easyb Users
I'm having some problems with easyb plugin 0.9.1 with IntelliJ 8.0.1:

When I right-click on a directory, I get an IntelliJ error saying "IDE
internal error occurred."

Inside the error dialog, there's a lovely stack trace saying something
about a NullPointerException. Should I post that here?

Josh Brown

On Dec 18 2008, 9:57 am, Rod <rfc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > >     at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
> > >     at
> > > org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(Closure MetaClass.java:248)
> > >     at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:756)
> > >     at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:292)
> > >     at groovy.lang.Script.invokeMethod(Script.java:87)
> > >     at
> > > org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrentN(Sc riptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)
> > >     at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:3)
> > >     at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:543)
> > >     at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:518)
> > >     at org.disco.easyb.domain.Story.execute(Story.java:30)
> > >     at org.disco.easyb.BehaviorRunner.runBehavior(BehaviorRunner.java:75)
> > >     at org.easyb.plugin.remoting.RemoteRunner.main(RemoteRunner.java:25)

Rod

Jan 15, 2009, 9:50:24 AM1/15/09
to Easyb Users
Hi Josh,

I tried to reproduce that with the easyb plugin 0.9.1 and IntelliJ
8.0.1 and I didn't have any luck. Could you please go ahead and post
the stacktrace?

Thanks,

Rod

Josh Brown

Jan 15, 2009, 10:40:17 AM1/15/09
to Easyb Users
update failed for AnAction with ID=CreateRunConfiguration
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.easyb.idea.runner.EasybRunConfigurationProducer.isSpec
(EasybRunConfigurationProducer.java:40)
at
org.easyb.idea.runner.EasybRunConfigurationProducer.createConfigurationByElement
(EasybRunConfigurationProducer.java:23)
at
com.intellij.execution.junit.RuntimeConfigurationProducer.createProducer
(RuntimeConfigurationProducer.java:24)
at
com.intellij.execution.actions.PreferedProducerFind.findPreferedProducers
(PreferedProducerFind.java:33)
at com.intellij.execution.actions.PreferedProducerFind.a
(PreferedProducerFind.java:27)
at
com.intellij.execution.actions.PreferedProducerFind.createConfiguration
(PreferedProducerFind.java:23)
at com.intellij.execution.actions.ConfigurationContext.a
(ConfigurationContext.java:44)
at
com.intellij.execution.actions.ConfigurationContext.getConfiguration
(ConfigurationContext.java:52)
at com.intellij.execution.actions.BaseRunConfigurationAction.update
(BaseRunConfigurationAction.java:9)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.Utils.a(Utils.java:72)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.Utils.expandActionGroup
(Utils.java:42)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.Utils.expandActionGroup
(Utils.java:63)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.Utils.expandActionGroup
(Utils.java:63)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.Utils.expandActionGroup
(Utils.java:63)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.Utils.fillMenu(Utils.java:
65)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionPopupMenuImpl
$MyMenu.show(ActionPopupMenuImpl.java:31)
at com.intellij.ide.projectView.impl.AbstractProjectViewPane
$2.invokePopup(AbstractProjectViewPane.java:2)
at com.intellij.ui.PopupHandler.mouseReleased(PopupHandler.java:55)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased
(AWTEventMulticaster.java:273)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased
(AWTEventMulticaster.java:272)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6134)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
at com.intellij.util.ui.Tree.processMouseEvent(Tree.java:76)
at com.intellij.ide.dnd.aware.DnDAwareTree.processMouseEvent
(DnDAwareTree.java:18)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4501)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2081)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:
4301)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:
3965)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3895)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2067)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.c(IdeEventQueue.java:35)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:223)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:
217)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters
(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter
(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

[...]

$MyPopupMenuListener.popupMenuWillBecomeVisible
(ActionPopupMenuImpl.java:12)
at javax.swing.JPopupMenu.firePopupMenuWillBecomeVisible
(JPopupMenu.java:629)
at javax.swing.JPopupMenu.setVisible(JPopupMenu.java:736)
at javax.swing.JPopupMenu.show(JPopupMenu.java:910)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionPopupMenuImpl
$MyMenu.show(ActionPopupMenuImpl.java:35)
[...]

Rod

Jan 15, 2009, 7:38:58 PM1/15/09
to Easyb Users
Hi Josh,

I have updated a patch to the plugin that I will will workaround this
issue. Could you please update your plugin and see if version 0.9.2
helps?

Regards,

Rod

> read more »

Josh Brown

Jan 16, 2009, 9:02:59 AM1/16/09
to Easyb Users
That fixed it, Rod. Thanks - you're quick!

Josh

> read more »

Rod

Jan 16, 2009, 9:46:51 AM1/16/09
to Easyb Users
Great, glad that worked!

> read more »

Josh Brown

Jan 19, 2009, 1:32:51 PM1/19/09
to Easyb Users
Now I'm having a problem running easyb specifications. When I choose
to run a story as an "Easyb specification," it compiles everything and
then freezes, without running the specification. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Josh

> read more »

Andrew Glover

Jan 19, 2009, 1:40:56 PM1/19/09
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Josh - I'm using the newest version of the plug-in w/out any errors - if this is a sample project that you are playing around with perhaps you could zip it up and send it along?

Josh Brown

Jan 19, 2009, 1:50:40 PM1/19/09
to Easyb Users
Unfortunately, this isn't a sample app, so I'm not able to zip and
send it.

I wonder if this is OS-related? I'm running Windows XP with service
pack 3.

I'm running version 0.9.2 of the plugin in IntelliJ 8.0.1.

Josh

On Jan 19, 1:40 pm, Andrew Glover <ajglo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Josh - I'm using the newest version of the plug-in w/out any errors - if
> this is a sample project that you are playing around with perhaps you could
> zip it up and send it along?

> read more »

Rod

Jan 19, 2009, 5:48:07 PM1/19/09
to Easyb Users
Hi Josh,

Well the good news is that I was able to reproduce that behavior by
using the same stack of tools you listed above. Can you confirm that
you see the following error in your log file for IntelliJ (C:
\Documents and Settings\USER\.IntelliJIdea80\system\log):

2009-01-19 22:34:52,359 [ 609031] WARN -
tellij.ide.HackyRepaintManager - Access to realized (ever shown) UI
components should be done only from the AWT event dispatch thread,
revalidate(), invalidate() & repaint() is ok from any thread
java.lang.Exception
at com.intellij.ide.IdeRepaintManager.a(IdeRepaintManager.java:15)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeRepaintManager.addDirtyRegion
(IdeRepaintManager.java:44)
at javax.swing.JComponent.repaint(JComponent.java:4732)
at java.awt.Component.repaint(Component.java:2952)
at javax.swing.text.PlainView.updateDamage(PlainView.java:529)
at javax.swing.text.PlainView.insertUpdate(PlainView.java:425)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$RootView.insertUpdate
(BasicTextUI.java:1590)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$UpdateHandler.insertUpdate
(BasicTextUI.java:1849)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.fireInsertUpdate
(AbstractDocument.java:185)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.handleInsertString
(AbstractDocument.java:734)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.insertString
(AbstractDocument.java:693)
at javax.swing.text.PlainDocument.insertString(PlainDocument.java:
114)
at javax.swing.JTextArea.append(JTextArea.java:470)
at org.easyb.plugin.ui.swing.SwingEasybView.writeConsole
(SwingEasybView.java:63)
at org.easyb.plugin.ui.EasybPresenter.textAvailable
(EasybPresenter.java:92)

I'll start working on a patch shortly although it might not be until
tomorrow when I have one ready.

Cheers,

Rod

> read more »

Jerome Lacoste

Jan 19, 2009, 5:51:40 PM1/19/09
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Rod <rfc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Josh,

Sounds like you just need to wrap .SwingEasybView.writeConsole in a
SwingUtilities.invokeLater from EasybPresenter.textAvailable, right ?

Josh Brown

Jan 20, 2009, 9:30:36 AM1/20/09
to Easyb Users
Rod,

That error is in my IntelliJ log file. Thanks for looking into this!

Josh

Rod

Jan 20, 2009, 9:31:35 AM1/20/09
to Easyb Users
Hi Jerome,

Yup, it should be that easy. More then likely there will be several
places that need to change and I'll try to get them all in the first
pass.

Rod

Rod

Jan 21, 2009, 1:32:23 PM1/21/09
to Easyb Users
Hi Josh,

This should be fixed in version 0.9.3 which is now ready in the
intellij plugin repository.

Rod

Josh Brown

Jan 28, 2009, 4:10:12 PM1/28/09