Turning Recycled Plastic into Sustainable Buildings & Local Livelihoods

1 view

Living Mandala

Oct 30, 2013, 1:44:16 PM10/30/13
to east-ba...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Are you interested in scaleable, appropriate technologies that can turn waste into resource?
Join us for a FREE Webinar overview of a ground breaking appropriate technology that could have revolutionary impacts across the world - turning plastic waste into a sustainable building solution. In this webinar, we will get an overview of this leading-edge technology from the inventor himself - Harvey Lacey.
Known as Ubuntu Blocks.... this brilliant, low-cost, waste-to-resource solution utilizes plastic waste and compresses it into blocks that can be used as a medium for sustainable building construction! This proven appropriate technology solution tested in Haiti transforms this waste into a valuable resource that can be replicated around the world.

To Register for the Free Webinar or to Watch the recording visit: http://turning-plastic-into-building-materials-webinar-13.eventbrite.com/

This Technology Can:
  • Turn waste into building materials for needed shelters, education centers, and infrastructure
  • Have scaleable global impact in reducing plastic waste in oceans, rivers, and communities
  • Create sustainable local livelihoods and reduce environmental pollution
  • Lessen the effects of pollution to improve human & environmental health
The Ubuntu Blocks concept is holistic and sustainable approach to building homes, communities, cleaner living conditions and a less polluted earthy, and most of all, integrity for the people of developing nations.
Plastic waste is collected, cleaned, recycled, and then compressed into blocks to be used as building blocks. This proven appropriate technology solution tested in Haiti transforms this waste into a valuable resource that can be replicated around the world. Ubuntu Blocks in Bodh Gaya, India! Transforming Plastic Pollution Into an Eco-Training Center in Bodh Gaya, India! We are presently pioneering the next phase of this technology in Bodh Gaya, India.
Please Watch the Video and Help Support this Amazing Project!

If you have an organization, newsletter, or website that can feature this initiative, we will post a live link and recognize you in return.

For any questions or to discuss more details of how you can support or get involved, please email me directly at jay(at)livingmandala.com

Thank you for you time, consideration, and ACTION.

With Inspiration & Gratitude,

-Jay Markert “(Jay Ma)”

Living Mandala - Director of Programs
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation

Empowerment Works - Global Education Development Team
Global Collaboration to Catalyze Local Solutions

P.S. 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) Permaculture Design Course (PDC)

In concert with the launch of this project in Bodh Gaya, we’re hosting a 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) Permaculture Design Course in Bodh Gaya from November 10 - 24, 2013.  The course provides capacity building in social enterprise development for leaders in non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and business alike, giving students the foundations to apply the 7 Stages to Sustainability and Permaculture strategies in their own organizations, communities, and projects, in Bodh Gaya, across India, and around the world. Registration/ Details: http://www.livingmandala.com/7SS

7SS PDC San Francisco Bay Area!

A 7SS Permaculture Design Course: "Permaculture for International Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship", will also be happening in the San Francisco Bay Area at MA Center / GreenFriends Farm from Dec - April 2014. http://www.livingmandala.com/7SS/BayArea