Time to Converge!

1 view

Living Mandala

Oct 11, 2013, 1:15:06 PM10/11/13
to east-ba...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Still on the Fence?

Last chance to take the leap. The weather looks great this weekend, and we are expecting a stellar turn out!

You really do not want to miss what is sure to be an amazing gathering this weekend at the "Building Resilient Communities Convergence!"

This Convergence will bring together the best of the Northern California Permaculture Convergence and the Northern California Regional Transition Network Conference for an action-packed weekend designed to interweave and up level our combined efforts towards building a movement of community resilience. The Building Resilient Communities Convergence will bring together Leaders, Permaculture Designers, Transition Organizers, Activists, Young People, Homesteaders, Designers, Social Entrepreneurs, and others who are passionate about shifting the paradigm and joining together to cross-pollinate, skill-up, synergize and celebrate!

WEEKEND & DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE!

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

Workshops: 5 different theme tracks from some of Northern California’s most rockin’ community organizations and educators like Daily Acts, Bay Localize, Living Mandala, Urban Tilth, Movement Generation, Permaculture Artisans, Regenerative Design Institute, Generation Waking-Up, HUB Oakland, and many more

Skill Shares: DIY skills in Permaculture, Natural Building, New Economy, Clean Energy, Food Production, Herbal Medicine, Environmental Justice, Community Organizing, Systems-Thinking, Holistic Healing, and more.

Open Space & Bio-regional Networking: Plenty of opportunities to brainstorm, cross-pollinate, make new connections, connect with old friends, meet new partners, and build a resilient movement!

Music & Festivities: Featuring a Community Barn Dance and Dance Party with live music from Andy Wilson and The Julian Trio, The Dogon Lights, DJ Dragonfly, Zion Lion AND the Ultimate Permaculture Transition Passion Show!

Keynote Speakers Include:

  • Rob Hopkins - Transition Network Movement Founder
  • John Trudell - Native American Activist, Poet, Speaker
  • Konda Mason - HUB Oakland - Co-Founder and CEO
  • Richard Heinberg - Author, Post Carbon Institute Senior Fellow
  • Andy Lipkis - TreePeople founder and president
  • Doria Robinson - Urban Tilth Executive Director
  • Julia Butterfly Hill - Circle of Life Founder, What’s Your Tree Co-Founder
  • Grandmother ChoQosh Auh'ho'oh - Storyteller, Wisdom Keeper
  • Penny Livingston-Stark - Regenerative Design Institute Co-Founder
  • Brock Dolman - Occidental Arts & Ecology Center Co-Founder
  • Kat Steele - Urban Permaculture Guild Founder
  • Pandora Thomas - Earthseed Consulting

The full Convergence Schedule is now Available! CLICK HERE.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better...

A STUNNING LOCATION - SOLAR LIVING INSTITUTE

We're excited to host the Convergence at the beautiful and whimsically sustainable Solar Living Institute. We're offering free camping for those who can't get enough time in nature.
We encourage participants to organize rideshares and caravans - SLI is only a 2 hour drive from San Francisco and we promise your trip will be worth it!

SPECIAL INVITATION TO NEXT GENERATION LEADERS

We believe it is imperative to empower and equip young people with the awareness and skills they need to step up to the challenge of inheriting a planet in upheaval. We are excited to offer a special youth ticket which includes youth leadership workshops from Generation Waking Up in addition to our regular speakers and workshops. Youth Ticket: Age 15-21 $75 (full weekend) or $25 (day pass). Age 14 & under free.

CHILDCARE AVAILABLE - FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT

This is a family friendly event. Children age 14 under are free, and there will be childcare opportunities available throughout the weekend.

VILLAGE COMMONS

Help Us Build a Model Resilient Community by bringing a community booth to the Convergence Village Commons. There are discounted tickets for non-profits and community booths. By hosting a booth modeling one aspect of a resilient community (ex: educational, free library, community radio, clothing swap, etc.), you are eligible for a substantially discounted weekend convergence pass. Visit our website to learn more and apply!

RIDESHARE

Looking to carpool? Check out our website for a link to a rideshare system to find travel companions to the Convergence.

CELEBRATE THE HARVEST!

Wait until you hear what's in store for your taste buds… a community kitchen, affordable local cuisine, and a Saturday evening Harvest Banquet Feast. In the spirit of abundance, we'll also be trading food vouchers for fresh organic produce or work shifts in the kitchen. Yummmm!

THE ULTIMATE PERMACULTURE TRANSITION PASSION SHOW!  SUN EVE, OCT 13

Stick around! Weekend Tickets include camping Sunday night… and Monday is a Holiday.

You won’t want to leave early and miss the Ultimate Permaculture Transition Passion Show on Sunday evening Oct 13, at 7:30 pm!

Hosted by some dynamic entertaining characters and loaded with some amazing, hysterical, and heart turning performances… the Ultimate Permaculture Transition Passion show is sure to be just that. Anyone who is a participant in the event will be able to sign-up to share at the passion show.

Seriously Folks…. this is going to be a good one. Stick around for it.

Towards Resilient Communities,

- The Living Mandala Team

Building Resilient Communities
Northern California Permaculture & Regional Transition Convergence
Oct 11-13, 2013
Solar Living Institute, Hopland, CA

Living Mandala
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation