Thank You for Being Part of Our Community

Google Earth Outreach

Jan 24, 2013, 8:04:26 AM1/24/13
to eartho...@google.com

2012

Google Earth Outreach

You want to change the world.

We want to help.

This is a recap of some amazing projects from our community in 2012.  Thank you to all the nonprofits who spent the time and energy on mapping projects this year.  We look forward to learning more from you in 2013!

Please note: This is just a small selection from the many inspiring projects this year. We were not able to list them all! Please see more at google.com/earth/outreach and get our monthly updates here.

In 2012

you wanted to ...

Advocate

The HALO Trust

Explore a Minefield

Humanitarian landmine clearance restoring land to communities using Google Earth Pro

World Wildlife Fund

Eyes on the Forest

Historical forest loss in Sumatra, plus Floral biodiversity, carbon stocks, and habitat ranges for different species usingGoogle Maps Engine

Save the Elephants

ElephantsInPeril.org

Mapping the decline of elephant populations and consolidating information on poaching risks using

Google Fusion Tables & Google Maps Engine

Record

Arctic Mapping & Imagery

Cambridge Bay, Nunavut

Nunavut Tunngavik, a  local nonprofit used Google Map Maker and helped collect Street View imagery to map their community

Public Laboratory for

Open Technology and Science

Balloon Imagery

Imagery collected by citizens using balloons and kites

Research

Atlantic Public Media & Encyclopedia of Life

Arctic Tern Migration Google Earth Tour

Google Earth tour of the Arctic Tern’s amazing migration,

for a podcast series

Landsat 40th Anniversary

Urban Growth in Las Vegas

Timelapse showing the transformation of the planet on a global-scale using Google Earth Engine,

                1999-2011

     … change the world.

In 2012

we wanted to help ...

Reach

Launch in Australia & New Zealand

We're in AU & NZ

Bringing program to nonprofits and research to tackle pressing issues with powerful geographic visualizations

Teach

Google Earth Outreach

Find Everything You Need

Success Stories

Apply for Grants

Tutorials

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel

Video Tutorials & More

Tours

Tutorials

Street View stories

Grant

8 Developer Grant Winners

List of 2012 Winners

Mapping malaria patterns

Calculating rainwater harvesting potential

Mapping language patterns

and more...

Grant Opportunities for Non-Profits

Apply Here

Maps API

Google Earth Pro

Google Maps Coordinate

New in 2012: Google Maps Engine

In 2013, let’s continue changing the world together.

Join us here

Thank you,