Google Earth Outreach Update - September 30th 2011

Google Earth Outreach

Sep 30, 2011, 6:31:20 PM9/30/11
to eartho...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

A lot of great things have been happening around Google Earth and Maps lately - both with our team and others! We wanted to share our latest exciting news with you, as well as highlight some useful product updates from the past couple of weeks.

Google Earth Outreach launches in Canada
We are excited to announce the launch of the Google Earth Outreach program in Canada this week! With the launch of our program in Canada, we hope to support the use of Google’s mapping tools by public benefit groups seeking to address Canada’s most pressing concerns, such as the protection of the Boreal forest and Arctic regions, as well as other humanitarian and cultural issues. If you are a member of a Canadian nonprofit or know someone who is, we urge you to visit our website to learn more about our program offerings.
Read the blog post

Google Earth Updates
Google Earth has been updated with some new features in Google Earth 6.1, including the better organization options in the Places Panel as well as the ability to insert an image via URL in infowindows without needing to know any HTML! There have also been a number of improvements to Google Earth Pro which should be of interest to our Earth Outreach grantees. Read the blog post

Fusion Tables in Google Docs
Good news for Fusion Tables users: you can now access your Tables and create new ones from within your Google Docs list.
Read the blog post

Short URLs for Google Maps
It’s now super easy to automatically generate a short URL for any page on Google Maps. This makes it even easier to create a map with Google Maps and share it with others - no more long, awkward URLs.
Read the blog post

+Snippets on Google Maps
Have a Google+ account? With the launch of +Snippets on Google Maps, you can easily share your Google Maps publicly or to selected circles with one click of the “Share” button.
Read the blog post

Questions? Comments? Feel free to drop us note on Twitter or Facebook.

Regards,
Google Earth Outreach
http://earth.google.com/outreach