EPrime instantly closes itself whenever I try to access the file which I just created using it.

Lilla.v.

Aug 18, 2017, 1:39:22 PM8/18/17
to E-Prime
Dear all,

Please help!!! EPrime instantly closes itself whenever I try to access the file which I just created using it. There have not been any messages to tell me why!!!

What can I do about this???

Many thanks!

Lilla

Lilla.v.

Aug 18, 2017, 1:40:13 PM8/18/17
to E-Prime
By the way, I am currently using EPrime 2.0

Michiel S-Spape

Aug 18, 2017, 4:18:59 PM8/18/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lilla,

I think the file you made got corrupted somehow, I get it sometimes when E-Prime crashes in the middle of saving the present file. However, you’ll be pleased to know that E-Prime normally makes backups of your present file. Just open E-Studio with an empty template and somewhere in the settings there’s a button which copies all back-up files to the desktop.

Best,

Michiel

Lilla.v.

Aug 19, 2017, 6:09:10 AM8/19/17
to E-Prime
Hi Michie,

Thanks very much for your reply!

Could you please give me some specific instructions on where I could find backup files, if you don't mind?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Lilla

Michiel S-Spape

Aug 19, 2017, 8:31:27 AM8/19/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com, Lilla.v.

Hi Lilla,

In E-Prime (3, but probably same in 2), go to Tools > Options > General (tab). Big button “Copy backup experiments to the desktop…”

Found it?

This only works if you have saved/ran your experiment at least once, though, even if only partially. On the other hand, you should always run the experiment while developing (I do at least every half an hour, just to check)

Image removed by sender.

~WRD000.jpg

Lilla Vergen

Aug 19, 2017, 8:56:25 AM8/19/17
to Michiel S-Spape, e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michiel,

Thanks for your reply! Thanks very much for your solution!!!

Yes. I found it, and it works!

Thanks very much! I will also remember your tip! It's very helpful!

Best,

Lilla