Picture and sound feedback

Giulio

Nov 16, 2016, 10:44:07 AM11/16/16
to E-Prime
Hello,

I have read a lot of discussions, but I have not find the solution. This is my idea for the experiment:

I would to show a slide with a picture for 3000 ms. On the picture there are two images.
Partecipants have to press a key on the keyboard in order to detect the correct image.

If the partecipant press a key (correct response or incorrect response), there will be a sound immediatly, but the picture does not disapper until the end of time.
If the partecipant does not respond, there will be another sound when the image disappears (after 3000ms).

In both cases the image must stay for 3000ms.

For the "no response" condition it is simple: I have to use FeedbackDisplay.

For the "response" condition it is very hard. I have tried with different ways, but the problem is always that the picture lasts until key press (<= 3000ms) or the picture lasts 3000ms but the sound arrives after 3000ms.

Thank you!

Giulio

David McFarlane

Nov 16, 2016, 2:22:38 PM11/16/16
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Giulio,

This sounds somewhat like the thread at
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/eYwJvy2sqbk/ . Not exactly
alike, but look at that thread, think through the concepts there, and
see if any of that helps. It can get rather tricky.

David McFarlane
E-Prime training online:
http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter: @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)