Use a list as a array

Rafael Albert

Dec 29, 2016, 2:39:44 PM12/29/16
to E-Prime
Good Morning,

I'm building a program in-line, but a had a problem because I would like to use a list as array. I'm new in e-prime programming and don't know if it is possible, so I thought write something like:

Dim array(3)(3) as list

Someone knows if there are a way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

David McFarlane

Jan 5, 2017, 6:20:13 PM1/5/17
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Lists and arrays in E-Prime are very different objects with completely
different behavior. If you want to know more, you might delve into the
User's Guide that came with E-Prime, as well as the E-Basic Help
facility (start with the Arrays and List topics).

(BTW, your use of the "array(3)(3)" syntax looks like you are more
familiar with C/C++. E-Basic is a derivative of Microsoft Visual Basic
for Applications, and uses rather different syntax than C/C++).

David McFarlane
E-Prime training online:
http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter: @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)